АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Контрольная работа №10
I. Change the number of the noun in italic type where possible and make all other necessary changes.
1. Put the box on the shelf. 2. The boy must have two teeth pulled out. 3. The child was bitterly crying over the broken toy. 4. The scout brought valuable information. 5. Her hair was soft and curly. 6. Boy drove the sheep to the village. 7. I hurt my foot. 8. This is a lady-bird.
II. Put questions to the words in bold:
1. They have to go home on foot. (gen.)  2. Moderntrains go very fast.  3. He was the brightest student in the group. (disj.)  4. Last summer they went to Kiev by train.  5. The novel was written by a famous English writer. (alt.)  6. Next semester we will have lectures on Stylistics. (neg. form; gen., alt., disj.,) [5 + neg. form]
III. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form. Mind conditional sentences! Condition is unreal.
1. If I had this tool, I (give) it to you. 2. If he worked more slowly, he (not make) so many mistakes. 3. I could give you his address if I (know) it. 4. He might get fat if he (stop) smoking. 5. If he knew you were away, he (not come). 6. I (keep) a gardener if I could afford it. 7. If I (know) her better, I (introduce) you. 8. If I (have) money with me then, I (can) lend you some. 9. The teacher told Pete that he (not pass) the exam if he (not work) harder. 10. What would you do if the lift (get) stuck between two floors?
IV. Answer the questions in complete sentences.
1. To which town/ city would you go if you did not need a visa? 2. Who would you ask to dance if you had the choice? 3. Could you come to the Institute on Sunday if the teacher asked you? 4. How would you feel if you won a thousand dollars? 5. Could you wake up at 5 am if none called you?
V. A. Put the verb in brackets into the Present Simple, Present Continuous or Present Perfect.
1. What (do) you with the knife? The point is broken off. 2. Do come in and join us. We (have) coffee and (watch) TV. 3. My father (like) a lot of milk in his tea. 4. This map (be) the largest that we (have). 5. Listen! They (try) to start the car. 6. I (think) he (be) a good chap. 7. You (know) Nick? How long (know) him? 8. I (know) you nearly all my life, but I never (see) you so excited about anything.
B. Put the verb in brackets in Past Simple, Past Continuous or Past Perfect.
1. Mary (play) the piano, John (read), my wife (sew) when suddenly we all (hear) a shout. 2. When the father (come) in she (sit) before a red tea-table, finishing her tea. 3. John (come) in, (look) at the fire, (stand) a moment, (turn) and (go) away. 4. They (go) to England, after they (finish) school. 5. The rain nearly (stop) when he (reach) his hotel. 6. When I (arrive) the lecture already (start). 7. When I (arrive) at the station Mary (wait) for me. 8. The sun (set) before they (finish) their work.
VI. Find the infinitive construction (Complex Object), underline it. Translate into Russian.
1. He promised the letter to be sent off at once. 2. Do you hear him singing? 3. Do not make me laugh! 4. We had least of all wanted anyone to be injured in the match. 5. I would like them to enjoy their stay in our city. 6. Seeing her enter the room he rose to greet her.
VII. Put verb in brackets into the necessary tense form and voice.
1. The little baby closely (look) after two weeks ago. 2. The door (shut) behind him. 3. You cannot use the office at the moment, it (redecorate). 4. The living-room (sweep), (mop) and (dust) in half an hour. 5. You cannot go in. She (interview) for TV. 6. Why nothing (do) about it since then? 7. Normally this street (sweep) every day.
VIII. Translate into English.
1. Что ты делаешь в моей комнате? – Я ищу книгу. – В моей комнате нет твоих книг. 2. В прошлом году он уехал на юг. Это лучшее место для него. Он много работает. В следующем году он приедет к нам. 3. Я звонил тебе вчера. – Когда ты звонил, я был в душе. 4. Вы когда-нибудь бывали в Париже (Paris)? - Да, я там был в прошлом году. 5. Мы обедали, когда Джон пришёл. 6. Ты встретил её вчера? – Я опоздал. Когда я пришёл, поезд уже ушёл. 7. Вы поедите в Москву (Moscow) на следующей неделе? – Я не знаю. Я жду очень важное письмо из Москвы. Если я получу письмо в понедельник, то поеду. 8. В Англии часто идёт дождь? - Да, когда мы приехали, шёл дождь. 9. Вы поедите в Крым (the Crimea)? – Нет, сейчас я много работаю.
Дата добавления: 2015-02-10; просмотров: 39; Нарушение авторских прав