АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
D. Think of your own sentences using the words and word combinations from Task C. Read your sentences to your group-mates.
Task 4. In the table match the synonyms (the words with similar meaning). Consult the dictionary if necessary:
Task 5. Find antonyms to the following words in the text. Antonyms are the words with the opposite meaning:
1) to start; 2) easy; 3) small; 4) nervous, naughty; 5) lazy; 6) younger; 7) weak.
Task 6. A. Read the definitions and guess the words:
1) A person who understands people’s characters.
2) My mother’s son to me.
3) A person who treats diseases with medicines.
4) My sister’s daughter to me.
5) My mother’s mother.
6) My father’s sister.
7) A person who trains pupils at school.
8) The science of numbers, including Algebra, Geometry and Arithmetic.
9) My sister’s husband.
10) The study of events in the past.
B. Define the following words in English:
1) my sister; 2) hard-working; 3) lawyer; 4) nephew; 5) grandfather; 6) uncle; 7) mother-in-law; 8) psychology; 9) Economy.
Task 7. A. Find the sentences with numerals (числительные) in the text. Translate them into Russian. Explain English rules of numerals formation. Look through the table and check yourself:
See also Lesson 13.
B. Do you remember that numerals can be cardinal (количественные) and ordinal (порядковые)?
Continue: one – the first, two – the second, three -…, four - …, five - …, six - …, seven -…, eight - …, nine - …, ten -…, …
Task 8. Read the sentences:
a) 1. Ten plus eleven equals twenty-one. 2. Thirty-four plus sixty-two equals ninety-six. 3. Eighty-three minus sixteen equals sixty-seven. 4. Forty-one minus five is thirty six.
b) 1) 12+20=32; 2) 14+35=49; 3) 25+64=…? 4) 68+31=…? 5) 100-31=69; 6) 98-13=85; 7) 74-63=…? 8) 57-12=…?
c) 1) Ann is 21. 2) My elder brother is 29. 3) Jack Smith is 18 years old. 4) At the age of 17 he entered University. 5) When he was 9 he went to Spain. 6) I will graduate from the University at 21. 7) He wrote his most famous novel when he was 68. 8) At 16 you can receive your driving license. 9) You can be elected a president if you are 35.
Task 9. Find the sentences with “there is/there are” constructions in the text. Translate them into Russian. Which of them are singular and which are plural? Explain their usage and meaning in the English language. Check yourself looking through the table:
Task 10. Tick the right sentences with the construction “there is/ there are”:
1. There are many children in the garden.
Many children there are in the garden.
2. There is pen on the table.
There is a pen on the table.
3. There is a boy and two girls in the room.
There are a boy and two girls in the room.
4. Is there a book on the shelf?
Are there a book on the shelf?
5. There is no a lamp in the room.
There is no lamp in the room.
Task 11. Make your own sentences with the construction “there is/ there are”.
Task 12. Find the sentences with the possessive case of nouns in the text. Translate them into Russian. Explain their use and rules of formation in the English language. Check yourself and look through the table:
Task 13. Translate the sentences from English into Russian:
1. Elena is Aleksey’s wife.
2. Aleksey is Elena’s husband.
3. Irina is Aleksey’s daughter.
4. Oleg is Andrey Victorovich’s son.
5. Her brother’s name is Oleg.
6. Tanya’s family is large.
7. Tanya’s pet is a cat.
Task 14. Translate the sentences from Russian into English:
Task 15. Correct the sentences using possessive case where possible:
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 13; Нарушение авторских прав