АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
People like to learn differently. Some people learn better by listening, white others need to see the information. Your answers to the questions below may give you some idea of how you prefer to learn. When you have finished, compare your answers with those of other people in your class.
1. Do you prefer to learn by listening to the teacher's lecture? (Yes or No)
2. Do you prefer to learn by reading and studying your textbooks? (Yes or No)
3. Do you prefer to learn by studying or working with other people? (Yes or No)
4. Do you prefer to study by yourself? (Yes or No)
5. Do you like to ask the teacher questions? (Yes or No)
6. When you study for a test, you read your notes, don't you?
7. When you study for a test, you read your notes aloud, don't you?
8. When you study for a test, you rewrite your notes, don't you?
9. Do you like to memorize facts? (Yes or No)
10. Do you like to think about ideas? (Yes or No)
Respond to the statements. Work in pairs.
1. Teachers prefer dull students to bright ones. They are easier to manage.
2. You know what students are like nowadays! They are getting less and less intelligent every day.
3. To my mind, colleges shouldn't provide students with general knowledge. Emphasis should be placed on professional skills.
4. I don't think it is important for students to learn how to work with dictionaries.
You may need the following phrases to express your surprise:
You don't say so!
You must be joking!
You can't be serious!
Go on (with you)!
Challenge the following statements. Give your reasons.
1. When you don't understand your teacher's explanation you don't ask to explain again because this is very embarrassing.
2. When you are really too sick to go to class you go anyway. It would be rude not to go.
3. When you feel that you are not doing well in a course, you stop going to class because you don't have time to do the work.
4. If you have the feeling that the teacher doesn't like you, you do the best you can do under the circumstances.
5. If you don't like to answer or ask questions in class you ask to speak to the teacher and explain your shyness.
Discuss college life in this country. Use these questions as a guide for your discussion.
1. What do students wear to college?
2. How do students get to college?
3. How do students know which class to go to?
4. How do students greet the teacher?
5. How does the teacher greet the students?
6. How do students address the teacher?
7. When does the term begin?
8. How long does it last?
9. How long is the college day?
10. Who decides what a student will study?
11. Who decides which students will attend college?
Дата добавления: 2015-09-13; просмотров: 12; Нарушение авторских прав