АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Answer the questions
1. What are the characteristics of the formal language?
2. What are the characteristics of the informal language?
3. Why is it so important for the writer to analyze the audience?
4. What helps the writer to connect with and to persuade the audience?
5. Do you know any techniques to win the audience immediately?
Task 13.Choose the correct words out of the given list to answer the following question: «When planning a paper addressed to or pertinent to a certain audience what factors are you to consider identifying the audience? ». State your point of view.
the audience’s age, hobbies, marital status, sex, social status, level of education, special interests or needs, profession, nationality, knowledge of French, weight, cultural or racial background, family members, feelings and attitudes, relationship to you, occupation.
Task 14.Read and translate the sentences (A – F). Decide what style they belong. (1 – 6)
Task 15.Fill in the gaps from the following list, the words should be used more than once: written, spoken, formal, informal.
1) ________ and 2) _________ versions of a language use different styles, different registers. To talk in "3) ______ English" may be no more appropriate than to write using a "4) ________" variety of English. Generally speaking, 5) ________ English is always more 6) _________ than 7) _______ English. Nevertheless, there are 8) _________ forms of 9) ________ English (notably in fiction and in the popular press), and 10) ________ styles of 11) _______ English, in particular "discourse", or prepared speech.
Task 16.Read the text and answer the questions
Дата добавления: 2015-09-13; просмотров: 13; Нарушение авторских прав