АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Let me introduce myself. My full name is Alexander Ivanov. I am seventeen. I am a first-year student of Tver Technical University. My family is not large. We are four. My father is an engineer. My mother is an economist. My sister is a pupil. She is ten years old. I went to school in 1997 and finished it in 2007. I studied many subjects at school but my favourite ones were mathematics and physics. As I studied well I decided to continue my education. My father graduated from Technical University (then it was called Polytechnic Institute) so he advised me to enter it. I successfully passed State Examinations at school and was taken in the university. Now I am in the first course. I study at the Automated Systems faculty; my future speciality is system engineer.
The academic year begins in September. It lasts ten months and ends in June. There are two terms in the course of the academic year. Examinations take place at the end of each term. During the terms students spend much time working: they have to attend lectures and seminars, carry out laboratory tests, work hard in libraries and at home.
The university has a five year course of study. The curriculum of the specialized higher institutions may be divided into three parts: the Humanities, General and Specialized subjects. The subjects of the first two groups give a solid basis of general education to future specialists; specialized subjects help students develop necessary practical skills. Specialization usually begins in the third year. The first year students study different subjects: higher mathematics, physics, chemistry, English, history, computer sciences and a number of other subjects. We are taught by highly qualified lecturers and professors. Usually we have one lecture and two practical classes. Our classes begin at half past eight and end at two o’clock.
In five years I shall graduate from the university. I like to study so I hope to become a highly qualified specialist in a chosen field.
I. Ответьте на следующие вопросы.
1) How old are you?
2) What university do you study at?
3) What faculty do you study at?
4) What is your future speciality?
5) How many members does your family consist of?
6) Is your sister younger or older than you?
7) Did you study well at school?
8) How long did you study at school?
9) What foreign language did you study at school?
10) Why did you enter this institute?
11) How is the academic year organized?
12) How many years does the university course usually last?
13) Why is it so important to be a highly qualified specialist in a chosen field?
II. Выразите согласие или несогласие.
1) Do you study at school?
2) Are you a student of the third year?
3) Do you study many subjects?
4) Did you pass your State Examinations well?
5) Do you live far from the University?
6) Is English your favourite subject?
7) Were your books borrowed from the library?
8) Do you live in the hall of residence?
III. Поставьте вместо точек предлоги of, in, to, at, from.
1) I study ... Technical University.
2) I went ... school ... 1997.
3) I studied many subjects ... school.
4) I entered ... the TSTU.
5) We are ... the first course.
6) I study ... the Humanitarian faculty.
7) I shall graduate ... the University ... five years.
IV. Перестройте русские предложения в соответствии со строгим порядком слов в английском предложении.
1. Для меня очень трудны эти упражнения. 2. Завтра на научной студенческой конференции доклад будет делать мой друг. 3. Экзамены студенты сдают в конце каждого семестра. 4. Над английским он должен много работать. 5. Эту статью она вчера начала переводить на английский язык.
V.Составьте предложения из следующих слов в соответствии с правилом порядка слов в английском предложении. Полученные предложения переведите.
1) has, buildings, our, several, institute.
2) subjects, students, many, the first-year, study.
3) the third-year, had, last, students, training, industrial, summer.
4) carry out, the students, practical, work, in, laboratories, well-equipped.
5) problems, many, scientists, important, solve, our.
6) texts, difficult, Petrov, technical, translated.
7) his, will, the teacher, translation, correct.
8) next, dean, a lecture, deliver, our, week, will.
9) students, more, institutes, this, entered, one, a million, than, year.
V. Прочитайте и переведите предложения. Преобразуйте их в вопросительные и отрицательные.
1.1. I study English and French. 2. They attend English classes regularly. 3. Bob and Mike often miss lectures. 4. These students make reports at scientific conferences every year. 5. We study at the Engineering Ecology Faculty.
2.1. She shows brilliant progress in her studies. 2. Professor Ivanov works at our University. 3. He makes a lot of experiments. 4. Roger likes philosophy very much. 5. Helen makes reports at students’ scientific conferences every year.
3.1. They entered the University three years ago. 2. He defended his thesis for a scientific degree last month. 3. She failed her English exam yesterday. 4. They began to study English at the University. 5. Our descriptive geometry teacher gave a consultation to our group yesterday.
4.1. He will take a post-graduate course after graduating from the University. 2. The academic year will finish at the end of June. 3. We shall discuss this question at our seminar tomorrow. 4. Extra-mural students will study on Sunday. 5. I shall finish this work next week.
5.1. We are doing grammar exercises now. 2. He is working at this problem at present. 3. Sam was writing down the data during the experiment. 4. They were working at 6 o’clock yesterday. 5. She will be working at her graduation project the whole evening tomorrow. 6. They will be analysing the results of the experiment after they finish their work.
6.1. He has done all his homework. 2. We have finished discussing the problem. 3. The conference had begun by the time we came. 4. They had arranged everything for the experiment by 2 o’clock yesterday. 5. Ann will have finished her work by 5 o’clock tomorrow.
VI. Определите глагольную форму. Добавьте возможное обстоятельство времени из предложенных ниже.
1. ... he comes to the University in time. 2. I have not seen him at the University ... 3. Where is Helen? – She is working in the library ... . 4. The lecture had been over ... . 5. They had no lessons ... . 6. He will be taking his mathematics exam again ... . 7. ... he works much at his thesis. ... he worked 10 hours a day. Now he has an interval in his work. ... he will continue his work.
usually: now; as a rule; for the last few days; by 3 o’clock yesterday; last week; yesterday; when I met you; in some days, at 3 o’clock tomorrow.
VII. Раскройте скобки, поставив глагол в нужном времени.
1. He (attend) all lectures regularly. 2. We already (decide) to join the Students’ Scientific Society of our University. 3. The students of our group (carry out) a laboratory test now. 4. I left the library after I (finish) reading the book. 5. They (write) a test in English next week. 6. The lessons at our University (begin) at 8 a.m. 7. By the end of the year they (graduate) from the University. 8. All my friends (pass) their examinations well last week. 9. When we came to the dormitory to visit our friends, Irene (translate) a text and Ann (write) a letter to her parents.
VIII. Задайте все возможные вопросы к следующим предложениям.
1. Paul attends lectures at the Institute every day. 2. They have always passed
examinations successfully. 3. Peter is translating a new text. 4. They took the books from the library of our University. 5. Our lectures begin at 8 o’clock in the morning. 6. I shall have an English class tomorrow. 7. She has entered the Institute this year. 8. We are listening to the teacher.
IX. Чем жизнь студента отличается от жизни других людей? Подберите заголовки следующим текстам в соответствии с родом занятий:
Дата добавления: 2015-09-15; просмотров: 10; Нарушение авторских прав