АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Make up situations using the English phrases given in exersice 38.
40. Choose among the words in parentheses the one that corresponds to the text above to complete the sentences:
1. Today the ___ between man and nature are great.
(a. agreements; b. relations; c. contradictions)
2. With the development of ___ man's interference in nature began to increase.
(a. globalization; b. civilization; c. evolution)
3. The pollution of the environment ___ man's health greatly.
(a. affects; b. effects; c. reacts)
4. Ecological ___ of the people leads to the further destruction of nature and worsens the living conditions for all living beings.
(a. knowledge; b. comprehension; c. ignorance)
5. People ___ nature by building huge cities, cutting woods, excavating mountains and digging mines.
(a. have destroyed; b. have created; c. have formed)
6. The goal of mankind is ___ destroying the planet we live on first of all.
(a. to stop; b. to begin; c. to continue)
41. Fill in the gaps with the words from the box:
Ecology is usually considered a 1 ___ of biology, the general science that studies living 2___. Ecology is a multi-disciplinary science. Because of its focus on the higher levels of the organization of life on earth and on the interrelations between organisms and their 3 ___ , ecology draws heavily on many other branches of science, especially geology and geography, meteorology, chemistry, and physics. Agriculture, fisheries, forestry, medicine and urban development are among 4 ___ activities that would fall within explanation of the 5___ of ecology: «where organisms are found, how many occur there, and why».
Check your answers on p. 279.
42. Find as many words concerning the problem of ecology as you can:
43. Speak about ecological situation in Russia using the Active Vocabulary and the expressions below:
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 13; Нарушение авторских прав