АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
1. Speak about your goingon a holidaytrip once.
2. Tell your friend that he/sheshould or should notgo:
a) to the Crimea in June;
b) to the Baltic Sea in November;
c) to the Black Sea in August;
d) to the country in January.
3. A. Act out the following situation.
A family is discussing where they will go for their summer holidays...
Even though their tastes are different the family wants to go on holiday together. They are looking at the holiday pages in the papers. They are trying to choose a holiday they all can agree to. They are at home in London on a wet Sunday afternoon.
1. Daughter: Holidays are for doing something different — I'd like to work with my hands — weaving or pottery, or something. I can't stand lying on a beach for more than a couple of days.
2. Father:An active holiday for me — I'd like to go horse-riding. I'm stuck in an office all year round.
3. Son:I love exploring and discovering things; old churches and castles, different ways of life; smth. genuine and off the beaten track. I don't want to get stuck in a crowd of tourists. It's not worth going on holiday if you can't get away from what you do all year round.
4. Mother:I've been working so hard this year that all I want is to sit around on the beach and have a really lazy time. I want to soak in enough sun to see me through November.
(1) South Coast Holidays
Camping — Many good sites, but crowded in July and August. Book in Advance at Tourist Information Centres.
Cottages — Self catering. Prices: $40—$200 per week. Book early through a travel agent.
Hotels— Family hotels especially good for families with children. Prices: $4.00 — $8.00.
Activities — Riding/Fishing/Shooting/Golf/Boat hire
(2) Mediterranean/Caribbean/Far East/North Africa/Canaries
Numerous fascinating cruises aboard luxury liners — from 14 nights to more than three months.
(3) You relax, we'llmove the scenery.
CTC Lines, the people who pioneered a new style of cruising at prices that everyone can afford, offer superb holiday cruises to the Mediterranean, the Canaries, the Black Sea, Scandinavia and many other colourful locations. Five one-class modernships, most with cabins with shower or bath and toilet, and excellent on-board entertainment and all facilities. Now a CTC cruise could cost less than your holiday last year.
CTC cruises start at only $265
(4) Siberian adventure
Private group visiting Novosibirsk, Irkutsk, Lake Baikal and Khabarovsk including 3 days travel on the Trans-Siberian Railway.
Inclusive cost $999
(5) Intourist holidays to Russia...
and beyond; Russia, Japan & Russia, Malaysia & Singapore; Russia & India Seasonal and all year round tours. Departures from Gatwick, Heathrow, Manchester, Cardiff & Newcastle. Reductions for children. Group discounts.
(6) Russia "Holidays of a lifetime"
25lh July — 11th August 15 days from $289
Group 1: Moscow-Riga-Moscow
Group 2: Moscow-St.Petersburg-Moscow
Group 3: Moscow-Odessa-Moscow
Group 4: 15 days from $360 Moscow-Tashkent-Moscow.
(7) Intourist Moscow Limited: Russian business trips
Motoring holidays in Russia
Moscow-St.Peterburg Weekend Breaks
For those looking for something different and interesting in holiday field Intourist Moscow Limited now offers the widest range ever of tours to suit all tastes.
Send now for your copies of the Intourist brochures or for more information contact.
(8) Take the plunge in the Black Sea
Included in the free two-week holiday are three nights in the Russia capital Moscow; two nights in St.Peterburg and in the seaside resort of Sochi.
You travel by air, leaving Gatwick on September 1.
B. Phone your friend and tell him/her what you have learned from the ads.
С. Which of the routes do you like most?
4. Speak individually or arrange a discussion on the following:
a) Where and how would you like to travel?
b) What attracts people in the idea of travelling?
c) Is the romantic aspect of travelling still alive in our time?
Unit 3. Travel by Rail
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 29; Нарушение авторских прав