АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
A. What are your symptoms?
B. What do doctors do?
D.What does the doctor prescribe?
E. What might the doctor ask you?
Example: Stethoscope – For listening to a patient’s chest.
1. You eat too fast?
2. You smoke a lot?
3. You play football?
4. You go skiing?
5. You stay too long in the sun?
6. You eat food you are allergic to?
7. You run unusually fast for a bus?
8. A mosquito bites you?
9. You get wet on a cold day?
10. You think you’re ill all the time?
When you are ill, you call a doctor, and he examines you and diagnoses the illness. When you have a headache, a stomach ache, a sore throat, a cold, or a pain in some parts of the body, you call a doctor. He takes your temperature and your pulse. He examines your heart, your lungs, your stomach or the part where you have pain, and tells you what the matter is with you. The doctor prescribes medicine, and gives you a prescription, which you take to the chemist’s, who makes up the medicine.
If you follow the doctor’s orders, you get better; if you disobey the doctor, you may get worse. If you have a temperature, you must stay in bed and take the medicine he prescribes. If you cannot get better at home you must go to hospital.
If you are too ill to walk, you go to hospital in the ambulance. After illness you can go to a sanatorium until you are strong again.
Medicine & Health.
If your health is good, you are always in a good mood. You have a sound mind in a solid body, as an Old Latin saying goes. The profession of a doctor is one of the most noble, respected and needed in the world, as we turn to a doctor when we fall ill or suffer from pain or some disorder in our body and soul. There is nothing more unpleasant than being ill. If you are running a temperature, have a splitting headache, feel dizzy or cough you go and see a doctor or send for him at once. She or he will come and feel your pulse, take your temperature, listen to you heart, test your lungs, measure your blood pressure, etc. Certainly, he or she will prescribe which you can get made up at chemists. At chemists shop you can get different kinds of medicines: pills, tablets, ointments and many other things. I remember one of my most serious illnesses. It was four years ago. Illness started unexpectedly. Early in the morning I woke up and felt dizzy and feverish. I had a splitting headache and terrible cough. My nose was running, I was sneezing all the time. I could hardly recognize my own voice. Besides I was running a high temperature. The doctor sounded my lungs, felt my pulse, examined the throat. I had pneumonia and I was to be taken to the hospital. I had to stay for a month there.
At the Doctor’s(Active vocabulary)
1. health [helθ] здоровье
2. headache [ˊhedeık] головная боль
3. heartache [ˊhɑ:teık] боль в сердце
4. toothache [ˊtu:θeık] зубная боль
5. backache боль в спине или в пояснице
6. earache боль в ухе
7. bad pain сильная боль
8. stomach желудок; живот
9. to complain [kəmˊpleın] of жаловаться на
10. sore throat [sͻ:ˊθraut] боль в горле
11. cough [kᴅf] кашель
12. to run a high temperature иметь высокую температуру
13. bad cold in one’s head сильная простуда
14. to suffer from страдать от
15. blood pressure кровяное давление
16. to consult a doctor обратиться к врачу
17. to examine осмотреть
18. to feel one’s pulse проверить пульс
19. to test one’s blood pressure измерить кровяное давление
20. to take one’s temperature измерить температуру
21. to sound one’s heart and lungsпрослушать сердце и легкие
22. to test one’s eyesпроверить зрение
23. to check one’s teethпроверить зубы
24. to have one’s chest X-rayed сделать рентген грудной клетки
25. to prescribe прописать (лечение), выписать (рецепт)
26. treatment лечение
27. pill пилюля
28. tablet таблетка
29. medicine лекарство
30. at the chemist’s в аптеке
31. complication осложнение
32. to follow one’s recommendations следовать рекомендациям
34. insomnia бессонница
35. memory loss потеря памяти
36. liver печень
37. patient пациент
38. to cure излечивать
40. to have a good restхорошо отдохнуть
41. to be wellхорошо себя чувствовать
42. to diagnose the illnessдиагностировать болезнь
43. ambulanceскорая помощь
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 25; Нарушение авторских прав