АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Stage and film versions
· Which books by N. were adapted for stage/
· Have any of his novels been made into films or
staged/performed as plays?
· What stork was the film based on?
· Does the film stay close to the book?(Is the film true to
· How does it differ from the book?
· What did you like better, the film or the book?
· Did N write film scripts and television plays?
· What English and American playwrights besides N do
· What plays by English playwrights have been staged in
· Have you read any good books lately?
· What are you reading at the moment?
(What do you read nowadays?)
· What is it about?
· What is the book like?
· Is it well written?
· Is it worth reading?
· Where have you got to in the book?
(How much of it have you read?)
· What page have you got to in the book?
· Have you got to the end of the book yet?
(Have you read it all?)
· So you are only half-way through?
(Oh, you’ve only got to the middle.)
· Are you eager to read to the end?
What is the story about?
· What is the story about? Family life? A famous person?
· What is the situation?
· What story does “……..” tell?
· What is it a description of?
· Retell briefly what happens in the story.
Setting and background
· What have you discovered about the setting?
· What is the setting? (What is the background to the
· Against what background is Mr. N presented?
· Where has the author set his story? (Where is the story
· Where does the action take place? (Where do
the events take place?)Where is
· the story taking place?
· Can you describe the place where the story takes
· In what place does this all happen?
· Did the story happen in Britain or somewhere else?
· Does it seem to be any country in particular?
· Does the author reproduce particular places in his
setting for the novel?
· The main action takes places in and around London.
· The scene ranges from London to Oxford.
· Does the story begin in the past or in the present?
· Is the story set in the future?
· When does the story take place, by day or by night?
· What time of the year is it?
· Does the novel present the characters in actual historical
· What historical time is suggested here?
· What historical events and processes are taking
places during the characters’ lifetime?
· How do these events affect the narrative?
· Is the setting described by the author before he begins
· Is the setting disclosed gradually while the story is in
· Is the setting of the novel unchanged throughout?
· Speak of the importance of the backgrounds and settings
in the novel.
Дата добавления: 2014-12-23; просмотров: 21; Нарушение авторских прав