АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
VOCABULARY PRACTICE SECTION 3
2. Identify the Internet crimes sentences (1-6) refer to. Then match them with the advice (a-f).
3. Fill in the gaps in these security tips with words from the list.
digital certificate malware virus scanner spyware firewall antivirus
Malicious software, 1…. can be avoided by following some basic rules. To prevent crackers from breaking into your internal network and obtaining your data, install a 2… . It will protect you from 3… . Internet users who like cybershopping should get a 4….. , an electronic identity card. If you have been hit by a 5….. , don't panic! Download a clean-up utility and always remember to use an 6….. program, for example, a virus 7……
4. Complete this product description of an internet security program. Fill in the missing words using the mixed-up letters in brackets.
other types of (5) [lawmare] . A (6) [lawlrife] shields your system from attack by (7) [reschak], while the program can also detect if a website’s (8) [igidlat ercteacfiti] is out-of-date or suspicious, allowing you to carry out financial transactions online with total security.
In addition to all of the above, the EFG Professional Edition also comes with email (9) [crynetipon] and the EFG (10) [rawsyep] scanner, helping you to keep your system free of unwanted advertising and (11) [socoiek].
EFG Basic is available to download as (12) [warfeeer] by clicking here. Alternatively, you can purchase the EFG Professional Edition for only £29.95. Click here to visit our (13) [rescue witebes] or pay using PayPal by clicking here.
5. Decide which of the alternatives (A-F) each statement refers to. Write the letter of your answer at the end of the sentence. There is one alternative that you don't need to use.
A. electronic trail В. firewall С. hacker D. overload E. encryption F. cybercrime
1. The data is protected by a process which scrambles the information so that it cannot be read by an unauthorized person.
2. If you make a change to the database, that change is recorded with the time, date and operator's name attached to it.
3. Many people are still reluctant to enter their personal data on web pages, fearing it will be stolen and used illegally.
4. This device filters outbound and inbound computer traffic and protects your network from hostile intrusion.
5. Sometimes it's just a bored teenager with too much free time who can't resist trying to break into a system.
6. Fill the gap in each sentence with an appropriate form of the word in brackets.
7. Choose the best words to go into each of the spaces.
1. A person who illegally accesses somebody else's computer over the internet is called a …….
2. A website which (in theory) cannot be accessed by a hacker is ……
3. A website which can only be viewed by authorised people has ……. access.
4. Unwanted advertising emails are popularly known as …….
5. Software blocking attempts by others to access your computer over the internet is called a ……
6. It’s essential to ……. your anti-virus protection regularly.
7. Anti-virus software can …….. your computer for viruses.
8. Anti-virus software can also ……. viruses on removable media, such as floppy disks.
9. When your anti-virus software subscription …... it's a good idea to ……. it immediately.
10. Users have to enter a ……. to gain access to a network.
11. A ……. protects a company intranet from outside attacks.
12. Most ……. is designed to obtain personal information without the users’ permission.
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 123; Нарушение авторских прав