АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
VOCABULARY PRACTICE SECTION 1
1. In July 2001, the online file-sharing network Napster shut its website following legal action from several major record labels.
2. In late 2006, a computer worm took control of hundreds of pages on MySpace and changed links to direct surfers to websites designed to steal their login details.
3. The first well-known worm was the Internet Worm of 1988, which infected SunOS and VAX BSD systems.
4. A 2007 study found that 28% of female internet users had experienced online harassment. In 84% of cases, the incidents happened in a chat room.
5. In 2008, author J. K. Rowling said that a company trying to publish an online Harry Potter encyclopedia had ‘stolen her words’.
2. Identify the names of the cyber criminals described.
3. Someone who harasses individuals to feed their obsessions by using search engines, online forums, chat rooms, through online communities.
4. Someone who illegally copies and distributes copyrighted content.
5. Someone who sends emails tricking people into giving them money, using different ploys - from romance to requests for help.
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 25; Нарушение авторских прав