АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
VOCABULARY FOCUS. Ex. 1. Match the words on the left with their definition on the right. 1) to encompass 2) consistent 3) to put out 4) to carve out 5) to
Ex. 1. Match the words on the left with their definition on the right.
Ex. 2. Fill in the gaps with the necessary prepositions.
1. In market segmentation you identify a specific portion – the market and concentrate your resources – selling – that one segment.
2. In product differentiation you differentiate your product – that of a competitor in such a fashion as to best appeal – potential buyers.
3. Your prices should be consistent – the value your customers place – the product or service that you are selling.
4. Ford did marketing research to find – more about the falling – of Falcon sales.
5. Ford’s careful study of the market research findings led the company to put – the Ford Mustang, introduced – 1965.
6. Successful use of marketing research is not limited – major companies such as Ford.
7. IBM took – a segment of the total computer market and won – the correct application of marketing research.
Ex. 1. Look through the text once again and say which of the following expresses the main idea of the text best of all.
1. Marketing research, its functions and use.
2. Marketing research conducted by big companies.
3. Marketing research and small firms.
4. Marketing research and its successful use.
Ex. 2. Read the text again and decide which of following statements are correct.
1. Marketing research shows who your market is and which methods will best satisfy the needs of your market.
2. Some basic marketing strategies are possible without marketing research.
3. Correct use of marketing research can bring high profits for business and advantages over competitors.
4. A famous example of correct use of marketing research took place in the early 1950s.
5. Ford had developed cars to compete with other American companies.
6. Ford discovered that sales of sporty options were decreasing due to young adults.
7. The Ford Mustang was introduced in 1964.
8. The Ford Mustang didn't demolish previous records for sales.
9. Successful use of marketing research is practiced by thousands of small firms.
Ex. 3. Answer the following questions.
1. What is marketing research?
2. What will marketing research help you to do?
3. Why is marketing research so important?
4. What things will marketing research tell you?
5. Why did the Ford Mustang demolish all previous records for sales?
6. Do small firms use marketing research successfully?
T E X T 4
Дата добавления: 2014-12-30; просмотров: 7; Нарушение авторских прав