АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
COMPREHENSION. Ex. 1. Insert the following words in the text above. advertising aimed awareness Channel loyalty maturity medium tactics
Ex. 1. Insert the following words in the text above.
Ex. 2.There is a logical connection among three of the four words in each of the following groups. What is the odd one out, and why?
1. advertising – competitors – publicity – salespromotion;
2. advertising agency – advertising campaign – media plan – word-of-mouth advertising;
3. advertising manager – brand-switcher – marketing manager – sales rep;
4. after-sales service – guarantee – optional features – points of sale;
5. brand awareness – brand loyalty – brand name – brand preference;
6. competitions – coupons – free samples – line-stretching;
7. credit terms – discount – list price – packaging;
8. decline – growth – introduction – product improvement;
9. focus group interviews – internal research – media plan – questionnaire;
10. packaging – place – product – promotion.
Ex. 3.Complete the following sentences to summarize the text above.
1. When a new product is launched, the-producer has to ...
2. Promotion is one of the four…; sales promotions are one of four different….
3. The advantages of publicity include….
4. The four stages of the standard product life cycle (excluding the pre-launch development stage) are...
5. Reasons to offer temporary price reductions include….
6. Sales promotions need not only be aimed at customers ...
7. Apart from selling a company's products, sales representatives ...
Ex. 4. Discuss what kind of sales promotions you are receptive to.
• coupons giving a pricereduction?
• free samples?
• discounts for buying a large quantity?
• prices reductions in shops?
• packets offering '20% Extra'?
Ex. 5.Work in pairs. Consider these products. Which methods are used to promote them? Which methods would probably not be suitable?
New houses, a family hotel, a conference center, cheese, an airline, a magazine, computers, bicycles, an exhibition, cigarettes, rail travel, medicines, coal, petrol, a circus, a zoo.
Ex. 6.Imagine that you, in a team of three or four people, are responsible for promoting one of the following things.
Decide exactly what your product is, what is special about it, and which tools you would use to promote it. Imagine that you have a generous budget, and are thus able to employ several different tactics. Prepare an advertisement of your product and present it to the rest of the class.
Дата добавления: 2014-12-30; просмотров: 23; Нарушение авторских прав