АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Exercise 59. Answer the questions negatively using the words in brackets.
Example: – When did you see her last time? (since August)
– I haven’t seen her since August.
1. When did it rain last? (since September)2. When did you last eat caviar? (for ages)3. When did you play chess last? (for a long time)4. When did he write to you? (since last September)5. When did you last go to Madrid? (never)6. When did you last ride a horse? (for two months)7. When did you last visit her? (since last month)8. When did you speak to your German friends on the telephone last? (since New Year)9. When did you finish reading this book? (yet)10. When did you last visit your grandmother? (since Christmas)
Exercise 60. Complete the sentences using already, ever, yet, just .
1. Have you … been to South Africa? 2. Have you … finished writing your composition or did you do it earlier? – I haven’t finished it … . 3. Shall I pay the waiter? – No, I’ve … paid the bill. 4. Have you … spoken to a famous person? 5. Ann, lay the table. I’ve … cooked the dinner. 6. They don’t know what the problem is. They have … arrived. 7. Is it a good film? – Yes, it’s the best film I have … seen. 8. The post hasn’t come … . 9. She has … explained the situation to me. 10. He hasn’t invited me to the party … . 11. Nobody has found the lost city of Atlantis … .
Exercise 61. Open the brackets using Present Simple или Present Perfect.
1. Look! They (stop). 2. I (want) to see you. I (not/see) you for ages! 3. “What (be) your name?” – “My (be) always Cole.” 4. “You (read) this book?” – “Yes.” – “What you (think) of it?” 5. I (not/be) to a zoo before. It (be) a nice feeling to go somewhere you never (be) before. 6. “You (know) Nick?” – “Yes.” – “How long you (know) him?” – “I (know) him for ten years. 7. There (be) a lot of things I (want) to do for a long time and I (not/do) them. 8. You (realize) we (know) each other for a quite a period of time now? And this (be) the first occasion you (ask) me to come with you. 9. “You (know) the girl who just (leave) the shop?” – “Yes, that (be) Bella York.” – “She (be) a customer of yours?” – “Not, exactly. She (be) here several times, but she never (buy) anything.” 10. Come in. I (be) awake since sun-up. 11. I (not/see) your pictures for a long time. Can I look round? 12. It’ll be good to see him again. How long he (be) away? It (seem) ages. 13. I (know) you nearly all my life, but I never (see) you so excited about anything.
Exercise 62. Open the brackets using the Present Simple or the Present Perfect or the Present Continuous.
1. I must know what you (talk) about. 2. I hear that you (be) in this country for some time. 3. He (admire) you tremendously. He (see) the play three times. 4. I (not know) what Harry (say) to you. 5. I want to see how much he (change) since I (see) him last. 6. We (be) to the pictures about twice a week ever since. 7. Hello, what you (do) there at this late hour? 8. I (suppose) you never (have) anything to do with those people. 9. She (be awake) since two in the morning. 10. I always (stay) in my dressing-room and (rest) till the evening performance. 11. I (hear) you (look) for a new house. 12. Since the tragedy Mr. Holmes and I (hear) of many strange things. 13. … (happen) anything else since your arrival in London? 14. Please, give me a pencil, I (lose) mine. 15. They (be) to the Hermitage twice this week. 16. Oh, close the window! Look, all my papers (fall) on the floor because of the wind.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-26; просмотров: 22; Нарушение авторских прав