АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
organizational chart организационная схема
line position линейная должность
staff position штабная должность
immediate superior непосредственный начальник
immediate subordinate непосредственный подчиненный
line chain of command линейная структура подчинения
to report зд. сообщить
credit department кредитный отдел
span of control сфера непосредственного подчинения
vice-president of production вице-президент по производству
vice-president of marketing вице-президент по сбыту
comptroller главный финансист
Exercise 1. Give affirmative and negative answers to the questions.
Model: Have you examined the organizational structure of the company yet?
Yes, I have already examined it. No, I haven't examined it yet.
1. Have you reported to the comptroller yet?
2. Have you settled this problem with the manager yet?
3. Have you learned line and staff positions of the company yet?
4. sHave you got acquainted with your immediate superior yet?
5. Have you heard about his span of control yet?
6. Have you met your immediate subordinates yet?
7. Have you passed your report to the credit department yet?
Exercise 2. Change the sentences according to the model.
Model: A staff employee doesn't give orders.
A staff employee doesn't receive orders.
A staff employee neither gives, nor receives orders.
1. He isn't a comptroller. He isn't a sales manager.
2. The head of the credit department doesn't advise the President. The head of the credit department doesn't report to comptroller.
3. He doesn't want to hold a position of vice-president of marketing. He doesn't want to hold a position of general manager.
4. A credit department doesn't have direct authority over a line department. A personnel department doesn't have direct authority over a line department.
5. I don't want to talk with the Boss. I don't want to talk with the Controller.
6. She doesn't like to give orders. She doesn't like to receive orders.
7. Jecky doesn't want to attend annual meeting of shareholders. Susan doesn't want to attend annual meeting of shareholders too.
Exercise 3. Answer the questions.
1. What is your relationship with your immediate superior?
2. What position in your company do you want to hold?
3. Do you want to be a sales-manager or a vice president of marketing? Give your reasons.
4. Over what positions do you have direct authority in your company?
5. What do you like more: to give orders or to receive orders?
6. Do you want to work in a staff department or in a line department? Give your reasons.
Дата добавления: 2015-08-05; просмотров: 8; Нарушение авторских прав