АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
The final test Variant I.
1. Put the verb into the correct form.
1. George says he's 80 years old but I (not/believe) him.
2. Ron is in London at the moment. He(stay) at the Hilton hotel. He usually (stay) at Hilton hotel when he's in London.
3. – What (your father/ do)?
- He’s a teacher, but he (not/ work) at the moment.
4. Tom's father (teach) him how to drive when he was 17.
5. Don (fall) down the stairs this morning and (hurt) his leg.
6. Ann (spend) a lot of money yesterday. She (buy) a dress which (cost) $50.
7. I (not/ drive) very fast when the accident (happen).
8. I (break) a plate last night. I (do) the washing up when it (slip) out of my hand.
9. What (you/do) at this time yesterday?
10. Ann's hair was dirty. Now it's clean. She (wash) it.
11. Tom was 80 kg. Now he weighs 70. He (lose) weight.
12. . . . you ever (be) to South America?
13. My cousin (be) in the army since he was 17.
14. Ann (have) a bad cold for the last few days.
15.I (not / belong) to a political party.
16. Hurry! The bus (come). I (not/want) to miss it.
17. The river Nile (flow) into the Mediterranean.
2. Complete these sentences using the most suitable expressions:
have a swim / have a nice meal / have a party / have a bath / have a baby
1. Jack likes to keep fit, so he ... every day.
2. Susanne gave up her job 6 months ago when she .... .
3. We ... last Friday. It was great - we invited lots of people.
4. Tom and Ann have just come back from the restaurant. You say: Hello, . . . ?
5... How often ... ? - Not often. I don't like washing.
3. Complete sentences with:could, can, must, should.
1. I can't swim very fast these days but ten years ago I ... swim from one side of the lake to the other.
2. You ... see the sea from our bedroom window.
3. You've been travelling all day. You ... be tired.
4. Carol knows a lot about films. She ... go to the cinema lot.
5. You ... go to the dentist (advice).
6. You ... not be driving so fast.
4. Ask questions with who and what.
1. Something happened. What …. . ?
2. Someone lives in that house. Who …. ?
3. Somebody gave me this key. Who …. ?
4. Henry gave me something. What ….. ?
5. Put a question tag.
1. Sue doesn't like onions, ...?
2. You've got a camera, ..... ?
3. He won't mind if I go early, .... ?
4. Tom could help you, ... ?
5. There are a lot of people here, . . . ?
6. Don't drop it, ..... ?
6. Complete sentences with these verbs:
1. Jack gave up …… to find a. job in Britain and decided to emigrate.
3. Could you please stop …… so much noise.
4. If you use the shower, try to avoid ... water on the floor.
5. I considered …….. the job, but in the end I decided against it.
6. Does your job involve ... a. lot of people?
7. Add at, on, in, during, while, for where necessary.
1. They went on holiday to Spain .... Easter and then again ... the summer.
2. The bridge was built ... the 16th century.
3. Do you enjoy driving ... night?
4. I'm taking my driving test ... 4.30 ... July the 3rd.
5. He was born .... 1900 and died …… 1972.
6. I'm going to a conference in Egypt ... a week.
7. I saw Sue ..... my visit to London.
8. They stopped work ... half an hour ... the afternoon.
9. We visited some interesting places ... we were in London.
10. I'll be in France ... the whole of September. 11. John worked in a travel agency .... six months.
8. Put in a, an or the where necessary.
1. There’s .... post office in West Street.
2. We ate .... cheese and drank .... coffee.
3. Would you like .... cup of tea?
4. Who is ... best footballer in .... world?
5. My brother works in ... large garage in Brighton. He's ... engineer.
6. Did you enjoy ... party you went to on Saturday?
7. What's ... capital of India?
8. Andrew hates ... examinations.
9. Do you like ... English beer?
10. ... English drink a lot of tea.
11. What time does Annie normally goes to ... school?
12. Kate arrives ... from ... work at about 6.00 every evening.
13. Ron Lewis was born in ... Manchester, but now he lives in ... Bristol. He's a lecturer at ... University of Boston.
14. Have you ever been to ... St Peter's square in …. Rome.
9. Complete the sentences using the correct form of the adjectives in brackets. Add than, the or as where necessary.
1 . Baseball is ..... sport in the USA. (popular)
2 . She's much ..... her brother.(serious)
3. He wasn't as ..... he usually is. (friendly)
4. That was ..... film I've ever seen. (good)
5. He's much ..... any of his brothers. (serious)
6. You aren't as ...... you think you are.(clever)
7. Where's ... place in the world? (hot)
Дата добавления: 2015-09-13; просмотров: 24; Нарушение авторских прав