АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Fill the gaps with the proper words.
(a) Andrew’s parents don’t live together. They are …. 2. Frank has no parents. So he is an …. 3. Her … name was Hope. But after the marriage her name is Dickson. 4. He hasn’t got a family of his own, he is … so far. 5. Are you an … child in the family? –No, I’ve got an elder brother. 6. My grandparents are … already. 7. He is 19. He … of age last year. 8. Children go to school at the … of six in our country. 9. He is married now but two years ago he was …
(b) 1. He is in … late sixties. 2. His daughter is in … midteens. 3. Is Kate a relation of … ? –No, we are just friends. 4. Do you have a family of … own? 5. This is Barbara Dickson. She is a colleague of … 6. I’m a namesake of …, Lucy. 7. They prefer to live by … 8. Does she live with … parents? 9. He is a dear old friend of …
7. Translate the following collocations with the prepositions by and of.
a) by name, by birth, by origin, by marriage, by nationality, by profession, by telephone, by himself, by mistake;
b) of your own, of the same age, of the opposite sex, a friend of mine / his / ours, a family of his own, at the age of six, a kid of two.
8. Explain the meaning of the following words and word combinations:
to be separated, to be divorced, to remarry, to be related, an immigrant, a foreigner, a widowed woman, to be in one’s twenties.
9. Fill in the missing words:
1) My mother’s sister is my … and her brother is my …
2) My wife’s mother is my … and her father is my …
3) My wife’s sister is my … and my wife’s brother is my …
4) My uncle’s son is my … and my aunt’s daughter is my … too.
5) My mother has a sister, her son is my mother’s …
6) My father has a brother, his daughter is my father’s …
10. Study the following passage and make up 5 sentences of your own using some of the underline words:
In Britain most people have three names (In Russia people also have three names: the first name, the surname and the patronymic):
1) first name = Christian name = forename (mainly in official documents);
2) middle name (it is not used very often);
3) surname = family name = last name.
11. a) Study the following expressions:
1. He lives in England. 2. She lives in America. 3. He lives in Scotland.
He is from England. She is from America. He is from Scotland.
He is English. She is American. He is Scottish.
He is an Englishman. She is an American. He is a Scot.
He is a Scotsman.
Дата добавления: 2015-09-13; просмотров: 26; Нарушение авторских прав