АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Task 21. Complete the sentences so that the meaning remains the same.
1. I suddenly remembered where I’d left my keys when I was waiting for the bus. - Waiting ________
2. I slipped because I was trying to run in the rain. - Trying _____
3. I felt quite sorry for Tim when I saw him cry. - Seeing ______
4. John was depressed because he knew he was going to fail the exam. -- Knowing ______
5. The reason I’m quite good at basketball is that I’m quite tall. - Being ______
6. Georgia didn’t know any Japanese, so she used a phrase book when she was there. - Not ______
7. Ed can afford three holidays abroad each year because he has a slot of money. – Having _______
8. Maria began to worry when she realized she was lost. - Realizing _______
Stop and check 4
1. Match the branches of law in English with their Russian equivalents:
1) Property law a) общее право
2) Contract law б) деликтное право
3) Tort law в) личная собственность
4) Merchant law г) договорное право
5) Equity law д) торговое право
6) Common law е) вещное право
7) Civil law ж) право справедливости
8) Criminal law з) гражданское право
9) Intellectual property и) уголовное право
10) Personal property к) интеллектуальная собственность
2. Answer the questions:
11. What is the main difference between civil and criminal law?
12. What are the divisions of civil law?
13. What is the subject of tort law?
14. What does contract law regulate?
15. What does merchant law regulate?
16. Whom does intellectual property law protect?
17. What is the main law of any country?
18. What rights and freedoms does the constitution guarantee?
19. What issues does family law regulate?
20. Where can a person find protection if their human rights are violated?
Translate the following sentences into English.
21. Торговое право регулирует коммерческую и производственную деятельность.
22. Все законодательство может быть разделено на гражданское и уголовное.
23. Гражданское законодательство может быть разделено на вещное право, договорное право и деликтное право.
24. Для продажи земли может быть использовано договорное право.
Use the correct preposition with Gerunds.
25. We are fond ____ classical music.
26. The judge insisted ____ a strict sentence.
27. Let’s congratulate him _____ his success.
28. They are tired ____ waiting.
29. We blame him ____ doing this work badly.
30. I hope you will succeed ____ arresting this criminal.
Translate into Russian, paying attention to Participles I and II.
31) a broken window
32) a written letter
33) a running dog
34) stolen things
35) a singing bird
36) an accused thief
37) a practicing lawyer
6. Choose the correct form of the Participle - -ed or – ing:
38. I was very excited/exciting when I saw the accident.
39. This excited/exciting meeting was shown on TV.
40. A little amusing/amused kitten was found on the stairs.
41. We were amusing/amused by his joke and humorous stories.
42. They learn shocked/shocking details of the case.
43. He was shocked/shocking to find the children alone in the house.
7. Change sentences as in the model:
The girl who is standing by the window is a singer.
44. The judge who hears cases of petty crimes is called a magistrate.
45. The professor who teaches us criminology is a famous lawyer.
46. People who violate laws on intellectual property are seldom punished.
47.The offender who was sentenced to imprisonment looked disappointed.
48. The people who sit in the jury are ordinary people.
49. The woman who is speaking now is the founder of our organization.
50. The sentences that were passed by that judge were always fair.
Total: 50 points
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 82; Нарушение авторских прав