АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Task 13. A. Match the following titles with the corresponding passages of the text.
B. Now think, how would you title these passages?
Task 14. Put the sentences into the right order.
1) They want to see other countries and continents.
2) All means of travelling have their advantages and disadvantages.
3) Most holiday-makers take a camera with them and take pictures of everything that interests them.
4) People choose different means of travelling according to their plans and destinations.
5) Millions of people spend their holidays travelling.
6) People have a great choice of means of travelling.
7) Travelling is the most effective way to study geography and foreign languages.
8) Some people stay at home and do sightseeing in their own city, others go to the country to spend their holidays in an active way.
9) They can travel by air, by land or by sea.
Task 15. Make up the summary of the text using tasks 13B and 14.
Task 16. Read the additional text about types of holiday. After reading it try to remember what other types of holiday you know. If there is no any, try to create your own types of holiday.
Holiday is an extended period of recreation, especially spent away from home or travelling. This means that holiday is a kind of tourist activity that is not connected with work or business. Therefore, to make out which types of tourist activity refer to holiday one should exclude all kinds of business travelling and then it’s quite possible to compose a list of types of holiday according to different criteria: duration of holiday, its geography, tourists’ mobility, their age, transportation, seasons, value for money, etc.
But the main criterion is the aim of holiday. Different people take holidays on various purposes. Some go hunting, others prefer to climb mountains. A lot of people have holidays relative to sport activities, such as hiking, cycling, horse-back riding, rowing and canoeing, as well as scuba-diving or even bungee jumping. There are also such purposes as recreation, treatment and medical care. In this case people can choose resort or a spa. Today a great attention is paid to ecological tourism.
One of the tourist activities is studying. You can not be sure if it is a type of holiday, but one should not forget that for some people studying is more recreating and relaxing than for example hunting or climbing mountains.
Nowadays there are many kinds of work and each of them requires its own type of holiday. So the number of types of holiday is steadily growing.
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 11; Нарушение авторских прав