АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
GRAMMAR PRACTICE SECTION. Attributive clauses. 1
* If a descriptive attributive clause defines the subject of the main clause, then it goes immediately after the subject, and commas must be used before and after such a clause. If a descriptive attributive clause defines the object of the main clause, then it is separated from the main clause by a comma.
2. Rewrite each pair of sentences as one sentence forming relative clauses. Match the sentences with the explanations from the previous exercise.
1. Programming is the process of preparing a set of coded instructions. The set of instructions enables the computer to solve specific problems or to perform specific functions.
2. The programs are lists of instructions. Instructions will be followed by the control unit of the CPU.
3. There are two kinds of errors or bugs. The programmers must deal with them.
4. There are syntax errors. They prevent the language processor from successfully translating the source program to object program code.
5. We use symbolic languages. They are easier to understand.
6. Most programming languages are purely textual. They use sequences of text including words, numbers, and punctuation, much like written natural languages.
7. Programming languages have progressed from machine-oriented languages that use strings of binary 1s and 0s to problem-oriented languages. Problem-oriented languages use common mathematical and/or English terms.
8. The boy’s idea was taken. He decided not to share his ideas with anyone.
9. My friend bought a new mobile phone. He didn’t know how to operate it.
10. The languages used to create Web documents are called markup languages. They use instructions (markups) to format and link text files.
11. I’ve never used this program. It’s the best!
12. The administrator’s files were lost. He had to do the work again.
13. I spoke to our programmer. He gave me good advice how to do the work.
14. Bill Gates has become a successful businessman. He didn’t have special education at the beginning of his carrier.
15. John Warner Backus was an American computer scientist. He submitted a proposal to his superiors at IBM to develop a more practical alternative to assembly language for programming their IBM 704 mainframe computer in late 1953.
16. C is a general-purpose computer programming language. It was developed in 1972 by Dennis Ritchie to be used by UNIX operating system.
17. William Henry “Bill” Gates III is an American business magnate, philanthropist, author and chairman of Microsoft. He was born in October 28, 1955.
18. Microsoft is a software company. It was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen.
19. Bill Gates stepped down the position as chief executive officer in January 2000. He announced that he would be making the transition from full-time job at Microsoft to part-time work at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in 2006.
20. I found my friend’s files in the system. He gave me a reward.
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 22; Нарушение авторских прав