АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Exercise 3. Answer the questions.
1. Are you thinking of starting your own business?
2. What business do you want to start?
3. How do we call the business if you go into it alone?
4. Who is going to make the decisions and control the profits in your business?
5. Do you need a lawyer if you want to start a sole proprietorship?
6. Why don't you have to consult the partners in a sole proprietorship?
7. How many employees are you going to hire for your business? In what cases will you fire them?
8. What does it mean to have unlimited liability? Are you ready for it?
9. What will you do, if your business fails?
10. What will you do to put policies into effect quickly?
11. What businesses have tax benefits in this country?
12. Can you do your books yourself?
13. Are you going to hire a book-keeper?
Exercise 4. Translate into English.
1. Мне нужен совет.
2. Я сам контролирую прибыль своего предприятия.
З. Если вы хотите заняться частным предпринимательством, обратитесь к юристу.
4. Директор решает вопросы, связанные с наймом и увольнением.
5. Я боюсь иметь полную юридическую ответственность.
6. Я не отвечаю за производственные долги.
7. Малые предприятия имеют льготы по налогообложению.
8. Хороший бухгалтер сможет вести дела лучше, чем вы.
9. Мне нужно нанять бухгалтера.
10. Мне нужно проконсультироваться с юристом.
Exercise 5. Make up the dialogue.
You are going to start your own business. Ask a lawyer or an experienced person how to do it.
Exercise 1. Make the sentences negative.
1. I want to start my own business.
2. You need a lawyer in this case.
3. Sole proprietorship brings much profit.
4. Sole proprietorship gets tax benefits from the government.
Exercise 2. Put up four questions of different types (general, special, disjunctive, alternative) to each sentence.
Model: The partners are responsible for business debts.
a) Are the partners responsible for business debts?
b) Why are the partners responsible for business debts?
c) The partners are responsible for the business debts, aren't they?
d) Are the partners responsible for the business debts or fulfillment of the arrangement?
1) I want to go into business with my friend.
2) You can lose personal assets.
3) It difficult to get tax benefits from the state.
4) I do my books myself.
5) We both have unlimited liability.
6) The board of directors decided on vacation, salary, hiring and firing.
7) The partners want to consult a board of directors.
A partnership is an association of two or more persons to carry on a business for profit. When the owners of the partnership have unlimited liability they are called general partners. If partners have limited liability they are "limited partners". There may be a silent partner as well - a person who is known to the public as a member of the firm but without authority in management. The reverse of the silent partner is the secret partner - a person who takes part in management but who is not known to the public.
Any business may have the form of the partnership, for example, in such professional fields as medicine, law, accounting, insurance and stockbrokerage. Limited partnerships are a common form of ownership in real estate, oil prospecting, quarrying industries, etc.
Partnerships have more advantages than sole proprietorships if one needs a big capital or diversified management. Like sole proprietorship they are easy to form and often get tax benefits from the government. Partnerships have certain disadvantages too. One is unlimited liability. It means that each partner is responsible for all debts and is legally responsible for the whole business. Another disadvantage is that partners may disagree with each other.
Дата добавления: 2015-08-05; просмотров: 12; Нарушение авторских прав