АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Vocabulary Exercises. List all the forms of money mentioned in Ihe passage and match them with the following definitions:
List all the forms of money mentioned in Ihe passage and match them with the following definitions:
1. A bank's unqualified guarantee to pay a specified sum to a
specified individual or organization.
2. A negotiable instrument issued only by the Bank of En
3. A written order to a bank to pay a slated amoun I of money.
4. A negotiable instrument issued by a bank in exchange for
5. Token money largely used for small purchases and trans
6. A written order to a bank to pay a staled amount of money
to a slated person or, after endorsement, lo Ihe bearer on or wilhin a staled lime after a given date.
Choose the right answer: 1. "We constantly handle coins and bills" means:
a) cash Ihem under most circumstances,
b) deal with them,
c) receive them. 2 "bills of every denomination" denote:
a) bank notes of different values,
b) bank notes of various sizes,
c) other means of exchange. ^
a) a type of paper currency, •'
b) a requirement to accept in settlemenl of a debt,
c) money guaranleed by a government.
;. "both cheques and Iravcllcr's cheques are readily accepted" means:
a) able to be given lo anolhcr parly,
b) certified by the bank thai funds arc available,
c) endorsed by an officer of Ihc bank.
5. "Ihe cheque will be honoured" means:
a) lhal il will be readily accepted by creditors,
b) lhal it will be treated with respect,
c) lhal Ihe bank will be ready lo cash il.
6. "a bearer" is:
a) a person who is named as payee on Ihe exchange docu
b) an officer of the bank who endorses the cheque,
c) the person offering Ihc exchange documenI and'demand
Say what is true and what is false. Correct the false sentences:
1. Coins and bills of every denomination are called legal ten-
2. Cheques are rarely accepted in lieu of currency.
3. To cash a Iravcller's cheque Ihe bearer need only present
4. Bills of Exchange are not legal lender.
5. A cheque is always guaranteed by a bank.
6. Certified cheques are always guaranteed by a bank.
Using suffixes -cation, -cate, -ment, -ion, -ance, -ature,
etc., give nouns which are related to the following verbs:
Using prefaces dis-, П-, in-, ir-, un-, non-,etc., give nega
Combine the words listed below into meaningful two or three word expressions as possible:
discount endorsing earnings fellow
For each of the following phrases find another one in the. text thai explains it:
1. ivioncy issued by the central bank of a country.
2. A piece of currency made of metal.
3. Unit of the bank note's value.
4. A document in settlement of a large debt guaranteed by
5. A document which establishes the identity of a person set
H. Cashing in a Bill of Exchange before it is due for payment. 7. The bank's readiness to accept a cheque for payment.
Fill in the blanks with proper words or phrases:
currency traveller's cheques
1. While travelling I do nol like to carry large amounts of
2. 1 prefer to have... which arc immediately negotiable.
3. Traveller's cheques are ..... in different denominations.
4. To cash the traveller's cheque the should present proper
5. However, there are merchants who will not accept
6. 1 collect...... of every denomination.
Write sentences of your own:
1. to sign a cheque
2. to accept a cheque
3. to cash a cheque
4. to make payment by cheque
5. to certify a cheque
6. to endorse a cheque
7. to make out a cheque
8. to accept liability for
9. to present your identification document
10. to settle business accounts
Дата добавления: 2015-09-15; просмотров: 7; Нарушение авторских прав