АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
I. Language Practice. 1. Practise the intonation in the questions and the answers:
1. Practise the intonation in the questions and the answers:
Have you a ø warranty card? Had you a ø warranty card? Have you got a ø warranty card? `How many `classes `have you `got toö day? `Is there an evening `department at the ø faculty? Are you a ø student? `You are a student of the `All-`Russian `Distance `Institute of Finance and ö Economics, aren’t ø you? `Do you ø study or ö work? Do you ø agree? `I’m ø afraid I don’t ö agree. `Do you `really think ø so? `You’re `quite ö right. `You didn’t `study `last year, did ø you?
2. Listen to the speaker; read and memorize the following words and phrases:
1. technique - [tek`ni:k] - техника (исполнения)
2. an organization chart - организационная схема
3. to designate [`dezilneit] - определять
4. executives [il`zekjutivz] - директора
5. execution [eksi`kju:n] - выполнение
6. foreperson - мастер
7. department head - начальник (цеха)
8. with respect to - что касается
9. supply - поставка, снабжение
10. accounting - учет
11. supervision - наблюдение
12. guidance [`laidcns] - руководство
13. records and reports - учетные документы и отчеты
14. wage incentive program - программа финансово-материального стимулирования
Text. Industrial Management
Industrial Management, in business, term used to describe the techniques and expertise of efficient organization, planning, direction, and control of the operations of a business.
In the theory of industrial management, organization has two principal aspects. One relates to the establishment of so-called lines of responsibility, drawn usually in the form of an organization chart that designates the executives of the business, from the president to the foreperson or department head, and specifies the functions for which they are responsible. The other principal aspect relates to the development of a staff of qualified executives.
Planning in industrial management has three principal aspects. One is the establishment of broad basic policies with respect to production; sales; the purchase of equipment, materials, and supplies; and accounting. The second aspect relates to the implementation of these policies by departments. The third relates to the establishment of standards of work in all departments. Direction is concerned primarily with supervision and guidance by the executive in authority; in this connection a distinction is generally made between top management, which is essentially administrative in nature, and operative management, which is concerned with the direct execution of policy. Control involves the use of records and reports to compare performance with the established standards for work.
Industrial management as just defined dates from the latter part of the 19th century. A notable impetus to its evolution was provided by the American engineer Frederick Taylor, who developed techniques for analyzing the operations involved in production and for setting standards for a day’s work. The techniques originally devised by Taylor were adopted by industrialists to other phases of business, including the employment of qualified workers, and wage incentive programs either to replace or to supplement the piecework system that had previously prevailed. Industrial management experts who succeeded Taylor have applied his techniques to a wider range of business problems. Among the leading successors are the Austrian-American management consultant and educator Peter Drucker and the American economist, writer, and diplomat John Kenneth Galbraith.
II. Exercises on the Text:
3. Give English equivalents to:
термин, используемый для описания; два главных аспекта; так называемый; которые определяют директоров предприятия; штат квалифицированных исполнителей; установление политики; закупка оборудования; уровни работы во всех отделах; в этой связи; высшее руководство; действующее руководство; управление; использование учетных документов и отчетов; заметный толчок; техника для анализа действий; была применена промышленниками; программы финансово-материального стимулирования; система сдельного труда; среди ведущих преемников; педагог.
4. Ask questions to these answers (work in pairs).
1. Organization has two principal aspects.
2. One relates to the establishment of so-called lines of responsibility.
3. An organization chart designates the executives of the business.
4. Yes, it does.
5. Planning has.
6. The third aspect relates to the establishment of standards of work in all departments.
7. Yes, it is.
8. A distinction is made between top management and operative management.
9. Control involves the use of records and reports.
10. The American engineer Frederick Taylor.
11. It was adopted to the employment of qualified workers, and wage incentive programs.
5. Translate the following into Russian:
Дата добавления: 2015-09-13; просмотров: 11; Нарушение авторских прав