АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
QUATATIONS AND JOKES. - The environment is everything that isn't me.
- The environment is everything that isn't me.
- Albert Einstein.
The most important thing about Spaceship Earth - an instruction book doesn't come with it.
- Air pollution is turning Mother Nature prematurely grey.
- Today every invention is received with a cry of triumph which soon turns into a cry of fear.
- Bertold Brecht.
- Nature thrives on patience; man on impatience.
- Paul Boese.
- The universe is like a safe to which there is a combination, but the combination is locked up in the safe.
- Peter de Vries.
- Man is a complex being: he makes deserted bloom and lakes die.
- Gil Stern.
- Nature never did betray the heart that loved her.
- William Wordsworth.
*- The best defence against the atomic bomb is not to be there when it goes off.
The British Army Journal.
*- Whenever science makes a discovery, the devil grabs it while the angels are debating the best way to use it.
- Research is to see what everybody has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought.
- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi.
- - Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don't add up.
- James Magary.
- *- If the human race wants to go to Hell in a basket, technology can help it get there by jet.
- Charles M.Allen.
- - Light is the ultimate messenger of the universe.
- BBC World Service.
- - What you really value is what you miss, not what you have.
- Jorge Luis Borges.
- - Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
- Franklin P.Jones.
- - From error to error one discovers the entire truth.
- Sigmund Freud.
- - Experience teaches only teachable.
- Aldous Huxley.
- - Experience is a good teacher, but she sends in terrible bills.
- Minna Antrim.
CIVILIZATION (* - jokes)
- Each new generation is a fresh invasion of savages.
- Harvey Allen.
- - The human race has improved everything except the human race.
- Adlai Stevenson.
- - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C.Clarke
- - Our lifetime may be the last that will be lived out in a technological society.
- Isaac Asimov.
- - Civilization is just a slow process of learning to be kind.
- Charles L.Lucas.
CREATION AND CREATIVITY.
- In creating, the only hard thing is to begin.
- James Russell Lowell.
- - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
- Hector Berlioz.
- - The future is purchased by the present.
- Samuel Johnson.
Дата добавления: 2015-09-13; просмотров: 6; Нарушение авторских прав