АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Choose the best answer a), b), c) or d).
Your friend has invited you to a disco party. Write an email to him / her. Include this
• thank him / her for asking you to join him/ her;
• say how you feel about going there;
• invite your friend to a meal afterwards.
Write 35-45 words on your answer sheet.
EXAMINATION CARD № 23
Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy. This
story is about something that happened to them when they were sent away from London
during the war because of the air-raids1. They were sent to the house of an old Professor
who lived in the heart of the country, ten miles from the nearest railway station and two
miles from the nearest post office. He had no wife and he lived in a very large house with a
housekeeper called Mrs. Macready and three servants. (Their names were Ivy, Margaret
and Betty, but they do not come into the story much.) He himself was a very old man with
shaggy2 white hair which grew over most of his face as well as on his head, and they liked
him almost at once; but on the first evening when he came out to meet them at the front
door he was so odd-looking that Lucy (who was the youngest) was a little afraid of him, and
Edmund (who was the next youngest) wanted to laugh and had to keep on pretending he
was blowing his nose to hide it.
1 air-raid - бомбардування
2 shaggy - тут кошлате (про волосся)
1. The four children went to live in the house of an old Professor.
2. Lucy laughed at the old man.
3. The Professor was very old with brown hair.
4. The children left London to live with the Professor because of the air-raids
5. The Professor's house was in the centre of Cambridge.
6. Lucy was the youngest child.
7. The Professor lived two miles away from the post office.
8. The names of the four children are Peter, Ivy, Susan, Edmund, and Betty.
9. The Professor lived with a housekeeper named Mrs. Macready.
10. This story is about four children's trip to Paris.
II. USE OF ENGLISH
Дата добавления: 2015-09-14; просмотров: 19; Нарушение авторских прав