АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
The Ant and the Grasshopper
While a grasshopper was taking it easy in the shade of a willow tree one hot summer's
day, an ant struggled in the sun with a grain of rice that he was carrying out to his nest.
"Hey, Mister Ant," the grasshopper said. "Why don't you take it easy, like me? You can
The ant paused. "I'm saving up food now for the cold winter ahead, and if you know
what's good for you, you'll do the same," he said.
The grasshopper looked at the ant and laughed. "Cold winter? But Mr. Ant, it is sunny
and hot right now. It won't be winter for a long time. There is always time to gather food,
there's no need to spend your time in this beautiful weather doing work. Come sit down
with me and have some lemonade." But the ant refused and spent the rest of the day gathering food and storing it in his nest.
As the days went by the ant continued to collect food, while the grasshopper continued
to rest underneath the shade of the willow tree. Three or four months later, winter came
and it was very cold. While the ant was snug in his nest, the starving grasshopper shivered
under a pile of dead leaves and wished that he'd paid attention to the ant's advice.
1. The grasshopper wasn't working because he had hurt his back.
2. The ant gathered food all summer.
3. The ant invited the grasshopper to come live with him during the winter.
4. The grasshopper was a hard worker.
5. The ant took a rest with the grasshopper underneath the willow tree.
6. The ant was comfortable during the winter.
7. It was easy for the ant to cany food back to his nest.
8. The moral of the stoiy is working hard will benefit you more than being lazy.
9. The grasshopper was drinking lemonade underneath the willow tree.
10. The grasshopper had plenty of food to eat during the winter.
II. USE OF ENGLISH
Choose the best answer a), b), c) or d).
Дата добавления: 2015-09-14; просмотров: 25; Нарушение авторских прав