јвтомобилијстрономи€Ѕиологи€√еографи€ƒом и садƒругие €зыкиƒругое»нформатика»стори€ ультураЋитератураЋогикаћатематикаћедицинаћеталлурги€ћеханикаќбразованиеќхрана трудаѕедагогикаѕолитикаѕравоѕсихологи€–елиги€–иторика—оциологи€—порт—троительство“ехнологи€“уризм‘изика‘илософи€‘инансы’ими€„ерчениеЁкологи€ЁкономикаЁлектроника
Task 5. Turn the sentences from direct into reported speech.
1. СI canТt find my bag,Т she said. Ц She said that she couldnТt find her bag.
2. СThey are working in the garden,Т he said.
3. СWe got married six months ago,Т she said to us.
4. СIТll go shopping tomorrow,Т he said.
5. СI bought a new car last week,Т he said.
6. СWe arenТt doing anything next week,Т they said.
7. СI canТt go tonight,Т she said to me.
8. СI forgot to pay the bill,Т he said.
9. СWeТve brought you a present,Т she said to me.
10. СIТll phone you tomorrow,Т she said to Peter.
Task 6. Put the sentences into reported speech.
1. СCan you describe the attraction?Т the judge asked her.
2. The instruction manual told drivers: СUse cruise control for long-distance trips on the freeway.Т
3. СStop wasting the courtТs time!Т the judge told him.
4. СDonТt interrupt me when IТm speaking,Т she told her son.
5. СCould you give me the name of a good lawyer?Т she asked her friend.
6. СCan you call an ambulance?Т she asked her husband.
Task 7. Turn the questions from direct into reported speech.
СHow old are you?Т he asked me. - He asked me how old I was.
1. СWhen will you call me?Т she asked George.
2. She asked, СCan you play the piano?Т
3. He asked, СWhoТs there?Т
4. СDo you like fish?Т she asked John.
5. СWhat have you done today?Т Mother asked.
6. Jim asked, СDid you go to work yesterday?Т
7. СHow did you get here?Т he asked.
8. СHave you seen my blue jacket anywhere?Т she asked.
9. He asked, СWill you take me to work tomorrow?Т
10. She asked, СWhere have you been?Т
11. She asked, СWill they visit us in the summer?Т
12. СHow did the fir start?Т the reporter asked.
13. СWho called the fire brigade?Т he asked.
14. СDid you ask people to leave the building?Т they asked.
15. СHow many fire brigades are here now?Т he asked.
16. СHave any of the houses been damaged?Т he asked.
Task 8. Complete the following sentences using the correct form of the verb in brackets.
1. Stewart said he ________ (not/want) any dessert as he was full.
2. Derek said that he and Belinda ____ (see) Adam recently.
3. When I called, Susie said she ______ (give) the dog a bath , so she asked me to phone back in half an hour.
4. Marcus said he _____ (try) to find a flat for ages before he finally found one he liked.
5. Debbie said she ______ (decide) to quit her job, but I donТt believe her.
6. Our English teacher said that Shakespeare ____ (be) probably the greatest writer in the English language ever.
7. Richard said he and Patricia ______ (be going) to invite her parents for the weekend, but I donТt know if they went or not.
8. Charlotte said last night that she really _____ (love) me, even if she doesnТt always show it.
9. Ollie said to Linda that he _____ (ask) me to be his best man on Monday, but in fact he asked Grant.
10. Pete told Francis he ____ (bring up) by his grandparents but in fact he hadnТt at all. 
ƒата добавлени€: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 170; Ќарушение авторских прав