АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
At the Restaurant
Oleg: Waiter: Oleg: Waiter:
Good morning, sir. For one?
Would you like this table by the window?
Here's the menu, sir.
Well, now, what do you recommend?
Well, the roast lamb's very good. Or if you prefer fish, there'snice fresh cod today.
I think I'll have the roast lamb, please.
What vegetables would you like with it?
Some baked potatoes. And what green vegetables have yov got?
Peas, spinach, French beans.
I think I'll have peas. They're nice with lamb.
Very well, sir. And what will you have first? Soup, hors d'oeuvres (закуска) or grapefruit?
I'll have grapefruit to start with.
Could I order my sweet now? I'm in rather a hurry.
Yes, certainly. What would you like?
Oleg:I think I'd like an apple tart and coffee.
Waiter:Very well, sir.
Exercise 5. Think andanswer.
1.Where do people usually stay when they arrive at a town in which they don't live?
Have you ever stayed at a hotel?
What hotel in your town would you recommend to a friend?
Why is it good to reserve rooms in advance?
5.In what ways do people usually reserve rooms with hotels?
6What are guests required to do first when they arrive at a hotel?
7. What information is required from those who are signing in at a hotel?
8. On what floors are the best rooms usually found?
9. What services does a guest get at a modern hotel?
10. Can meals be served in one's room?
11. What is meant by the term "bed and breakfast"?
12. What is the usual rate for a single/double room with abath in
13. What rules for hotel guests do you know?
14. What are the duties of the reception clerk (desk-clerk, chamber-
maid, bellboy, porter, steward)?
15. What will the receptionist do as soon as you come up to the reception desk?
16. Will you have a black coffee or a white one for breakfast tomorrow?
17. What is there on the menu today?
18. Will you invite your close friend to the restaurant on Sunday? What restaurant will you go to? Will you drink a lot of wine? Why? What'U you have after your steak? Would you like your bills separately?
Add to your active vocabulary:
The main course
Fish and chips
table d'hote dishes
Дата добавления: 2015-02-10; просмотров: 14; Нарушение авторских прав