АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Grammar. Infinitive / -ing forms
Infinitive / -ing forms
1. Complete the rules with infinitive (with / without to) or –ing form. Find examples in the text below.
Would you like to have a healthy lifestyle? Try the following.
2 like / love / hate / enjoy +
3 would like / would love +
4 can, will, must, should +
5 wait, can’t wait, remember, want+
6 let, make +
7 look forward to, don’t mind, can’t stand, avoid +
Fill in the gaps with the verbs in brackets in the correct form. Give reasons.
1. A: I want (start) an aerobics class.
B: Really? Can I (join) you?
2. A: John must (take) more exercise.
B: That’s true. He’ll (lose) weight.
3. A: They aren’t allowed (take) part in the games.
B: What a shame! They should (complain) to the committee.
4. A: Let’s (go) swimming.
B: I can’t. I must (buy) a new costume!
5. A: I enjoy (go) to football games.
B: Really? I can’t stand people (shout).
6. A: It’s raining. There’s no point in (leave) now.
B: How about (order) a pizza, then?
6. A: Ann can’t wait (quit) her job!
B: I know. She’s planning (move) to London and start a Master’s degree.
Read the following pairs of sentences. Match the words in bold to their meaning.
1 a He has stopped eating junk food.
b He stopped to have a drink.
2 a She forgot to lock the door.
b I’ll never forget visiting Moscow.
3 a He remembered meeting her three years ago.
b He remembered to pay the phone bill.
4 a Try cooking with olive oil. It’ll taste better.
b He tried to jump over the fence, but he couldn’t.
5 a I used to eat chocolate all the time when I was younger.
b I’m used to eating lunch at 1:30 pm.
1 a repeated action in the past
b in the habit of doing so
2 a finish
3 a failed to do so
b memories will always be in my mind
4 a experiment
b made an attempt (without success)
5 a recalled the event
b completed the action
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
1. A: I’ll never forget (travel) across Italy.
B: Yes, but you forgot (send) me a postcard.
2. A: Why don’t you try (take) an aspirin?
B: I’ve had one already. I’ll try (relax) a bit, if I can.
3. A: Let’s stop (eat) something.
B: Again? You should stop (eat) so much!
Conditionals: type 0, 1
6. a) Read the sentences. Which refers to: a general truth? a probable situation in the future?
1. If it stops snowing, we’ll go skiing.
2. If water freezes, it turns into ice.
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 17; Нарушение авторских прав