АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Exercise 1. Agree or disagree to the statements given below. Use the following expressions:
Yes, you are right; No, you are not right; Sorry, you are wrong; Yes, indeed; Quite so; I don’t agree with you.
1. To enter a pharmaceutical faculty applicants take oral examinations.
2. Pharmacy is a modern science.
3. Scientific research work helps the student to understand better some scientific problems.
4. Postgraduate education is compulsory.
5. It is necessary to write thesis to get the Master’s degree.
6. During the period of internship pharmaceutical graduates specialize in some pharmaceutical specialties.
7. Understanding of the biological and physical sciences is necessary for adequate pharmaceutical training.
Exercise 2. Discuss the following talking-points:
1. The conditions of taking entrance to your University.
2. The course of study.
3. Practical training.
4. Postgraduate study.
Exercise 3. Compare the British pharmaceutical education with that in our country.
Exercise 4. An acquaintance of yours is interested in your profession as, he is going to make a career in the same field. He tries to find out some information about it. Answer his questions.
Exercise 5. Make a presentation of pharmaceutical education in Great Britain to your group mates.
Exercise 6. Get ready to speak on the topic “Pharmaceutical education in Belarus”. Use ex.2 as an outline.
Read the following statements. Discuss them with your partners. Ask for opinions, express your own opinion or try to change someone else’s.
Education is what survives when what has been learnt has been forgotten.
If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him.
If you think education is expensive – try ignorance.
The Romans would never have had time to conquer the world if they had been obliged to learn Latin first of all.
The specialist is a man who fears the other subjects.
Martin H. Fisher.
Soon learnt, soon forgotten.
Whatever is good to know is difficult to learn.
As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensive, but more mysterious.
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Research is to see what everybody has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought.
Дата добавления: 2015-08-05; просмотров: 5; Нарушение авторских прав