АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Exercise 4. Approve or disapprove the following.
• I'm going to Moscow next week
• I'm going to take my wife (husband, boyfriend, girlfriend) with me.
• I'm going to change my job.
• I've bought a computer.
• I've written a letter to the newspaper,
• We've finished my paper already.
• We've reserved a room at the hotel
• He's fought a ticket for you.
I can (quite, well, easily) believe it.
(Of Course) I believe It.
I don't (can't) believe it.
That can't be (true).
You aren't serious
You're joking (kidding)!
You must be joking (kidding)!
Exercise 5, Read and act.
1. - I can understand almost every word he says..
2. I can't believe that I'm going to the States tomorrow,can you?
3. -I've lost the letter.
- I can't believe it. It can't be true.
4. - They are sending Petroff to America, not me.
- It can't be true!
5. - The Coopers are bringing their children with them.
- You're joking!
6. - You have to spend the weekend at the office, working out the
- You must be kidding!
T. - Where is your neighbour? I haven't seen him for afew days.
- He's gone to Moscow.
- You mean to Russia? I can't believe it, can you?
- Of course. I believe it. His wife told me.
- Did he go there alone?
- Yes, I think so.
Exercise 6. Express belief or dlebellef.
• I've lost my passport.
• Frank has missed his train.
• English is an easy language.
• Vera speaks English beautifully.
• His wife is thirty.
• They live on the twelfth floor.
• Richard is coming to London for two years.
• Frank has divorced his wife.
POSSIBILITY / IMPOSSIBILITY ВОЗМОЖНОСТЬ / НЕВОЗМОЖНОСТЬ
Maybe / Perhaps / Possibly Может быть, возможно, вероятно :
Quite possibly. Вполне возможно.
It's / That's (quite) possible. Это вполне возможно,
That / It could happen Может (так) случится
That / It's not possible] Это невозможно
It's / That impossible. J Это невозможно
It's / That's unlikely (not likely)Это маловероятно
He is iikely (unlikely) to... Похоже (вряд ли) он
PROBABLITY / IMPROBABILITY ВЕРОЯТНОСТЬ/НЕВЕРОЯТНОСТЬ
Very likely Очень возможно (похоже на то)
ithink so, /1 expect so. Думаю, да. / Полагаю, что да.
Probably not. Вероятно, нет.
That's not very likely / probable. Это маловероятно
I don't think so. Не думаю
I don't expect so. Полагаю, что нет.
I doubt it. ; Сомневаюсь.
,. • The secretary hasn't reseived your tickets yet. (impossible)
1. Your boss will go to the States next year. (possible)
2. The secretary hasn't reserved your ticket yet, (impossible)
3. You will get your vacation in July this year. (possible)
4. Frank's wife has divorced him. (impossible)
5. You will get your foreign passport next year. (possible)
6. Your baggage is lost. (impossible)
7. They are going to send you to the States next winter, (possible)
Дата добавления: 2015-09-14; просмотров: 3; Нарушение авторских прав