АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Exercise 4. Say it in English.
1. Давайте споем какую-нибудь английскую песню. - Мне не хочется.
2. Почему бы нам не искупаг :.я? - Не хочется. Мне и так холодно.
3. Как насчет партии в шахматы? - Я не хочу.
4. Спроси у этой девушки, как ее зовут. - Лучше не нужно.
5. Я думаю, вы могли бы подготовить все бумаги к понедельнику.
6. Я предлагаю сначала пойти в столовую.
- Нам это обязательно?
I don't know. ■" '•■• j:"'■'■■ ■■ ; ■L"v
Sorry, I don't know. ■ /'■■.*■;.,
I can't tell you ~| ' : :. ■ ' ■ '
I couldn't say J ' He могу вам сказать ■
I have no idea (I haven't the slightest idea.) He имею понятия.(ни
ft Exercise 5. Listen and repeat.
1. - Could you, please, tell me where the nearest post-office is?
- I'm afraid I don't know.
2. - How much does a local call cost in New York?
- I'm afraid ! can't tell you.
3. - How do I get to Manhattan from here?
■ : ■' ■■: -32- ' . ■
- ! couldn't say. Ask a policeman. ■
4. -Where could I get change for a dollar bill, please?
- I can't help you. I'm afraid. I'm a foreigner myself.
5. -When do you think Richard will call me?
- I have no idea. (I haven't the slightest idea).
6. -What is the population of Washington?
- I'm sorry, I don't knew.
7. Bill:Mom, what's the population of Peru?
Mother:Of what? Of Peru? I don't know. Ask your father. Bill:Dad, do you know what the population of Peru is? Father: Sorry, I don't know. Ask Michael. He should know. Bill:Mike, do you know how many people live in Peru? Michael:I can't teli you. I'm doing my math. Look it up in the book
or ask Grandma. She knows everything. Bill: Grandma, do you know what the population of Peru is? Grandma:I have noidea. I'm afraid, I can't help you. Look it up.
itfroise 6. You are at the station of our town. Can you answerthese questions?
1. Where is the nearest hotel?
2. How do I get to the center of the town?
■ 3. What bus do I take to the Intourist hotel? * . 4. Where is the nearest foodstore?
5. What is the population of the town?
6. Do they have any museums? (worth seeing)
■■'. 7. Could you direct me to the post office? •
, 8. Could you tell me where the "lost and found" is?' .',. 9. When is the next train to Moscdw?
' . ■ , ■■'.'- зз- ■ ■' ■ ■ •
I believe (think, feel) that...
In my opinion...
I guess Л think
I agree (with you).
I think you are right.
As far as I know.
If I am not mistaken.
From my point of view (formal)
I don't / can't agree with you.
I don't think so.
I don't think you are right.
You are wrong.
Я полагаю/ думаю/ чувствую что
По моему мнению / по-моему,...
Я думаю. ■ .
Думаю, вы правы. ,....■
Насколько мне известно.
Если я не ошибаюсь «
По моему (официально)
Я не согласен с вами.
Я думаю, аы неправы.
Вы неправы /заблуждаетесь/.
- I think you are right. We can save a lot of time by fiying.
5. - Washington is much more beautiful than New York.
- I can't agree with you. I prefer New York. It's full of life.
6. - It's in Washington that decisions are made.
- You are wrong. Decisions are made where the money is.
Exercise 8. Make the dialogues according to the model.
Model: — Moscow is the most beautiful city in Russia. — I agree (don't agree) with you.
I. If we go by plane we will save time. /•
3. Life is much quieter in Washington than in New York.
4. The best way to learn about people is to travel.
5. Life is more pleasant in Washington than in New York.
6. Going by train is boring.
7. The only way to travel is to fly. ,*'■''■'-
8. Most people prefer city life to country life.
9. A month is enough to get to know a country like America.
10. There's no need to travel when we have books, films and television.
I1. The food in this restaurant in much better than at home.
LIKES and DISLIKES
Do you like...?
Yes. (Yes, i do.)
I do very much (a lot.)
I love it.
I like it very much indeed. J"
No, I don't. . .
i don't like it at all."
I can't stand...
I hate. ■'
I don't mind. ■ .
i hope. ■ ■ ■
It's awful / terrible / disgusting.
ft Exercise 9. Listen and repeat.
- Do you like Hemingway?
- Do you like Mark Twain?
- Do you like Gershwin?
- Do you like "Porgy and Bess"?
- Do you like this monument?
- Don't you like modern sculpture?
- Have you seen the newest pictures in
the Gallery? - I have, and I don't like them at all.
- Have you seen the one with two heads
and no arms? What do you think of it? ■ - I don't like modem art, and
hated the picture.
- Are you sure you wouldn't like to see ВШШmore? ■ • - I can't stand it.
- Do you like modern painting? . ■ - Not particularly.
. - ■ . ■ ..,,
Exercise 10. What do you think about these statements?
1. I adore going to discos with friends.
2. I really hate staying in; I get so bored.
3. I quite enjoy gardening, but don't like collecting the leaves.
4. I can't stand cleaning the house, it's such dull.
5. I don't really mind staying at home with my parents.
Exercise 11. Express your opinion about:
• Books by Twain • Hemingway
• fast food • the TV programs
• rock music «animals
• the American films you have seen
Exercise 12. Say it in English.
1.- Вы любите путешествовать самолотом? 2,--Как вам понравился фильм?
3. - Вы любите играть в теннис? ■ .
4. - Вам нравится ваша поездка?
5. - Как аам понравился фильм?
8. - Я не люблю кино, я предпочитаю театр.
согласиться. Это разные вещи.
Exactly! Just so.
Things are going smoothly. ,, ■.,.,. ,
How right you are!
in no time. ■. ■ ■.
As easy as ABC. . .
That's the beauty of it!
Better late than never. ■
Take my word for it.
It goes without saying.
Couldn't be better!
The earlier, the better.
The game is not worth the cand'e.
How nice of you;
How sensible of you!
Easier said than done.
Take it easy. ■ ' ■
Poor consolation! ;
I sympathize with you. ■.■.'.
it depends. ■ '..
That can't be true. ■'■'■
It remains to be seen.
You never know, of coufii.
Well, you never kflOWfOf certain,
of course. ' ■ ■ '.:'■■
• '■•'■ '■■■ '-■■' -3S-
Совершенно верно, именно так
Все идет как по маслу.
Вы абсолютно правы!
В мгновение ока. ,;, ', \ "..-.■ ,,-
Проще простого. ,.' ■ . , '
В этом вся прелесть.
Лучше поздно, чем никогда.
Само собой разумеется. .
Какая удача! ■/'/'
Как нельзя лучше!
Чем раньше, тем лучше. ;>■' ' '.
Игра не стоит свеч. "'■■•'; ■
Как любезно с вашей стороны .
Как разумно с вашей стороны.
Легче сказать, чем сделать.
Не принимайте близко к сердцу.
Я вам сочуствую.
Это зависит от обстойтальст!.-
Этого не может быть.
Поживем - увидим.
Никогда не знаешь, что будет :.
завтра. . ■ . ■■ . ■■;■
Конечно, никогда йвльая выН1* ■"
уверенным. «' ■ ■■
Nothing in particular."!
Nothing special. J
Just the opposite.
It's out of the question.
It's above me.
For no reason at all. ■
Know which way the VyifXi i«
Monkey business. ; .
By no means.
Not for the world.
Without wasting words.
Things are not always the **
Once in a blue moon.
It doesn't concern you.
Please come to the point.
Как раз наоборот.
Об этом не может быть и речи
Это выше моего понимания.
Ни с того, ни с сего
Держать нос по ветру. Напрасный труд. Ни в коем случае. Ни за что на свете. Вез лишних разговоров. Раз на раз не приходится. Раз в год по обещанию. Ваше дело сторона. Пожалуйста, ближе к делу.
My question is the following (is as follows)
Now there's something special I want to ask you
One question is... The second is...
Can one now raise *це question?
I would like to ask one question in this connection
There is a practical question which...
I would like at this point to ask a question concerning .
May I address a question to...?
Is it possible to describe how... ?
How important are considerations of..,?
ДОБАВЛЕНИЕ К СКАЗАННОМУ ДРУГИМИI should like to add in connection with.., Finally let me add that... In addition I would like to mention that... I would like to add to somebody's comiients Let rne put some more questions in addition in this context i would add that... ' :
1 think that you are entirely right. ' ''!''■■
I fully agree with you. I agree that...
I agreewith most of what you say, apart from the question 1 agree that it is possible, but...
I was struck by seeing one of the papers
It is rather surprising... ' . :
It is unbelievable... , ■
I am puzzled by... .
I am surprised that it is possible..,
I wonder about... '■'.'■
I find it hard to believe that...
ВЫРАЖЕНИЕ НЕСОГЛАСИЯ / ВОЗРАЖЕНИЯI beg to disagree. I would like to speak against... I am arguing against... I would object just a little... It seems to me that the main disagreement is... ^ It is out of the question. I object to...
The conclusion does not seem consistent with... I wish I could agree with you but...
We are not yet certain... .-..'. -
I am doubtful whether...
I am not sure that you are right. ■
I have been rather puzzled by the following aspect...
ВЫРАЖЕНИЕ НЕУДОВЛЕТВОРЁННОСТИ I am afraid I have to make a quite negjftive statement I think that the question is still open.
I am afraid you give up only a partial answer.; , ■ , * It seems unlikely that...
ПОДЧЁРКИВАНИЕ ОПРЕДЕЛЁННОГО ФАКТА
I want to point out that... .
I should like to note/emphasize... . . :
I would like to distinguish "OTie points.,, . . ', .,,.,
I should like to stress the importance of..v. •
It je worth pointing out that... ,. , ,
I wish to stress the extreme importance of.., ,
ПРИВЛЕЧЕНИЕ ВНИМАНИЯ К ЩШМЧИбО I would like to draw your attention to... Please, pay attention to... I wouid like just to call attention again to,„
May I suggest that you try Йё..? , . .
If I may make the suggestion", 5'ie...7 . ■ . \'
Another possibility would be the... . ; , -,
Have you thought about the...? '■ ■■"•
ВЫРАЖЕНИЕ НАДЕЖДЫ '
I believe that we shall presently hear from... on hie /her latest Afterwards, I hope there will be some discussion. I believe I am correct in saying that...
ОЦЕНКА ПРОСЛУШАННОГО / ПРЕДЛОЖЕННОГО
The paper raises an important question of... ■
Your report demonstrates how Important it is to... ПОПЫТКА ВСПОМНИТЬ J'm trying to remember I can't remember at the moment.
Let me think..,
I'm afraid it has slipped my mind.
I'm afraid i don't quite understand.
I missed / didn't quite get your point.
I don't quite see what you mean. . .' ' . ,.,
I fail to see/can't see how.,. '
I don't get it. .
Well, you see... ' ■
You see, it's like this,.. ;_. Let's put in this way... ., I'll try to explain,.. Let me put it another way.,, I'll say It once again.
I aae/1 understand.,. " '.■ ''•■.' .
I see what you mean...
I see what you are driving.at , :
Yes, i follow you, Qa on. . , ■
I reali?ethat. . , .' '.'■■:■■,'' '':
I get the idea.
You've made it quite clear. ■' .
ВОЗВРАЩЕНИЕ К ТЕМЕ Let's come back to our topic. I would like to come,back to the point raised by... We are returning now to the important problem of...
НАЧАЛО ОТВЕТА Ц was a goo4 question. I just happened to be ready for it.
; r -
To my knowledge... ; '
As far as I know... .
It is rather difficult to answer this question decisively itthis pifieht
Actually we don't know. .
I have no particular theoi у for this fact, but... ',
I should like to make a comment of a rather genera! nature..I would like to make two more remarks. .1 have a few points to make.
I should like to make a remark which may conftortl the mittir again.My comment relates to the question Of...
-What's your name?
What's your address, Ms. Hansen? My address is 46 Oxford Street. And your phone number?
it's251-8347... ;.• ■... :, ■
Where are you from? .
I'm from Chicago.
Thanks, for answering my questions.. • You're welcome.
- Hi, Betty. This is Tim. I'm calling from Chicago.
- From Chicago? What are you doing in Chicago?
* t'm on vacation.
* How's the weather in Chicago? Is it sunny? ,,
- No, it isn't. It's cloudy. .-.■''•*■■■
- No, it's very cold. .
- No, I'm not. I'm having a horrible time because the wegther is so
- Too bad, I'm sorry to hear that. /
- Hi, How can I help you?
- Hello. I'm looking for Striped trousers.*
- But these trousers aon't striped •
- That's no problem. Striped trousers are not very pcpuiar this year.
■ . ' ■-■■■#"-
-1 know, but I like striped trousers. ;
*4. - May I help you? . ■•' < -
- Yes, please. I'm looking for a pair of glovea.■/■
, - That's O.K. Green gloves are very popular this year, -1 know, but l-tnink green is just not my ootttur..
$. -1 think this is your pen. . ,
- No, it isn't. >:■■■■ ■
t - Yes, I'm sure, my pen has blue ink in it, and this one has black.
Ifl. . - Can you drive a truck? : "
- Of course, 1 can. I drive a truckevery day. I'm a trucker. '
.11. - Can William play chess?
- No, he can't. He can't play chess at all, but he can play football.
12. - Can Richard play the violin?
- Of course, he can. He plays the violin every day. He's a violinist.
13. - Can your girlfriend bake apple pies? •
- Of course, she can. She's American. Sfii§:batalsftpple pies almost
Do you like John? Of course I like him. He's Does John like you? Of course he likes me. How can you tell? Because he told me so.
7. -Can Jeff sing? '
- Of course he can. He singe every dity. Нв'ё« Slrtjjer,
8. - Can Mary dance?
- No, she can't. She can't dance at all.
9. - Can Fred speak English?
„- Of course, he йёп. He's British.
14. - Can your husband cook? - Of course he can. He cooks i
■IS. - Can Dan ski?
- No, he can't. He can't ski at all.
18. - Amy. how do you feel today? -1 feel fine.
- I'm glad to hear that.
17.- John, how do you feel today?
- That's good news.
18.- Hi, how do you feeltoday?
. He's chef.
- What's the matter with you?
-1 have a really painful toothache
- I'm sorry to hear that.
10. - Tom, how do you feel today?
- Oh, not so good.,,
- What's the matter with you?
. . .' - That's a pity.
■ ■ * 10. - Hi, viohri. How are you?
-1 feel great!
- Do you have any plans tomorrow? I'm going to have a picnic, but
- Really? What's the forecast? ■ .
- The radio says it's going Wain.
- That's strange! According to the newspaper It's going W fei НЙ
21. - Hi, Nancy. What are you going to do next Sunday? " , f
-1 want to plant flowers in my garden, but the forecast s&fi it-i going
- That's strange! Acoofding to the newipfcper,It'* going te b» veff
-warm. ' .'•■'■'■ .''■ ■
-1 nope you're nght.
22. - Excuse me, how much does a pound of oranges cost? ,.,
-"A pound of oranges costs four dollars and twenty-five cents. ».*>'
- Four dollars and twenty-five cents! That's a lot of monay!
■ . ■ '-48- .:■.. •
- You're absolutely right. Oranges are very expensive this time of
23. - Mary, do you think it'll rajn tomorrow?
-1 don't know. Maybe it will, and maybe it won't. We'll just have to wait and see.
214. - Do you think you'll be happy in your new neighbourhood? :,••■; -, -1 don't know. Maybe I will; and maybe I won't. Live and learn, as they say.
28- - What are you going to give your wife for her birthday?
-1 don't know. I might give her a watch or I might give her a bottle of perfume. 1 really can't decide.
2$. There're Ыо people speaking on the phone. One of them is a , pessimist, the other is en optimist. Listen: . - Would you tike to come over and sit in the sun with me?
- No, I don't think so.
- I'm afraid I might get a sunburn.
- Don't worry! You won't get a sunbufh.
2 -Are you sure? ■'■■■ ■-.,; . '
- Yes, I'm positive. . :.
■ - p.K. i'H come over. • ■,
27. - Should I buy a bicycle or a motorcyclel
-1 think you should buy a bicycla • .
- Bicycles are safer than motorcycles. ' ; , .,
28. - I'm jealous! My apartment isn't as large as ydure.
29. - Are you looking for so-^thing? Maybe I can help you? ;
- Yes, I'm looking for a very thick carpet. ' .
■-}■ - Oh, that's not exactly what i wanted. Don't you have a tfifekir oHif
- No, I'm afraid not. This is the thickest one we have.
1 . - Sorry we couldn't help you. :. .
f0. - Hello, Kathleen, I saw you yesterday, but you didn't see (tie.
- Really? When? :
- At about 4:00. You were going to the beach. ■■ • .
- That wasn't me. Yesterday at 3:30 I was playing tennis with my • .
- Oh well, I guess I made a mistake.
31. - Allen, i saw you yesterday, but I don't think you saw me.
- Really? When?
- At about 10 o'clock last night. You were getting on a bus with some
- That's impossible. Last night my father and I were watching the
- Oh well. Guess I made a mi»i«№i. ^ ■ ' -V': '■-■'■ ■'
32. - I'm afraid I won't be able to help you repair your kitchen window tomorrow.
4. You can't? Why? '
5. I've got to take care of my neighbour's baby.
6. Don't worry about it! I'm sure I'll be able to do by myself. ■
33. - Let's buy 2 more
- No, we mustn't.
- Because they're too
Дата добавления: 2015-09-14; просмотров: 4; Нарушение авторских прав