АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Conditionals 1, 2, 3
Ex. 5. Conditional sentences: type 1.
1. If I see him I (give) him a lift.
2. The table will collapse if you (stand) on it.
3. If he (eat) all that he will be ill.
4. If I find your passport I (telephone) you at once.
5. The police (arrest) him if they catch him.
6. If he (read) in bad light he will ruin his eyes.
7. Someone (steal) your car if you leave it unlocked.
8. What will happen if my parachute (not open)?
9. If he (wash) my car I'll give him £10.
10. If she (need) a radio she can borrow mine.
11. If you (not go) away I'll send for the police.
12. I'll be very angry if he (make) any more mistakes.
Ex. 6. Conditional sentences: type 2.
1. If I had a typewriter I (type) it myself.
2. If I (know) his address I'd give it to you.
3. He (look) a lot better if he shaved more often.
4. If you (play) for lower stakes you wouldn't lose so much.
5. If he worked more slowly he (not make) so many mistakes.
6. I shouldn't drink that wine if I (be) you.
7. More tourists would come to this country if it (have) a better climate.
8. If I were sent to prison you (visit) me?
9. If someone (give) you a helicopter what would you do with it?
10. I (buy) shares in that company if I had some money.
11. If he (clean) his windscreen he'd be able to see where he was going.
12. If you drove your car into the river you (be able) to get out?
Ex. 7. Conditional sentences: type 3.
1. If I had known that you were in hospital I (visit) you.
2. The ground was very soft. But for that, my horse (win).
3. If you (arrive) ten minutes earlier you would have got a seat.
4. You would have seen my garden at its best if you (be) here last week.
5. But for his quickness I (be) killed.
6. I wouldn't have believed it if I (not see) it with my own eyes.
7. If he had slipped he (fall) 500 metres.
8. If he had asked you, you (accept)?
9. If I (had) a map 1 would have been all right.
10. If I (know) that you were coming I'd have baked a cake.
11. I (offer) to help him if I had realized that he was ill.
12. If you had left that wasp alone it (not sting) you.
Ex. 7. Conditional sentences: type 1, 2, 3
1. If you (find) a skeleton in the cellar don't mention it to anyone.
2. If you pass your examination we (have) a celebration.
3. What (happen) if I press this button?
4. I should have voted for her if I (have) a vote then.
5. If you go to Paris where you (stay)?
6. If someone offered to buy you one of those rings, which you (choose)?
7. The flight may be cancelled if the fog (get) thick.
8. If the milkman (come) tell him to leave two pints.
9. Someone (sit) on your glasses if you leave them there.
10. You would play better bridge if you (not talk) so much.
11. What you (do) if you hear the burglar alarm?
12. If you (read) the instructions carefully you wouldn't have answered the wrong question.
13. I could repair the roof myself if I (have) a long ladder.
14. Unless they turn that radio off I (go) mad.
15. If you were made redundant what you (do)?
16. We'll have a long way to walk if we (run) out of petrol here.
17. If you shake that bottle of port it (not be) fit to drink.
18. I'll probably get lost unless he (come) with me.
Ex. 9 Conditional sentences: mixed types
1. He is groaning with pain now because he did not go to the dentist to have his tooth filled. If ...
2. He will not go to see the play as he was present at the dress rehearsal. If ...
3. He went to Moscow specially to hear this famous singer because he is fond of him. If ...
4. He is not a first-class sportsman now because he did not train enough last year. If ...
5. We didn’t do the work yesterday so we aren’t free now. If ….
6. She isn’t here now because you didn’t phone her earlier. If ….
7. You are in trouble now, because you didn’t follow my advice. If ……
8. I am too busy these days. I even couldn’t help you yesterday. If …..
Ex. 10 Rewrite the following sentences with the structure “I wish” to express either desire or regret.
1. I scratched my sister's favourite CD.
2. I haven't got a motorcycle.
3. I am not old enough to go to nightclubs.
4. I left school without any qualifications.
5. I missed the plane to Lisbon.
6. I am not tall enough to join the basketball team.
7. I didn't call my grandfather last night.
8. I forgot my parents' anniversary.
9. He was sorry not to have had enough time to finish his paper.
10. It's a pity we won't be able to reach home before teatime.
11. I am sorry I made you upset by telling you this news.
12. What a pity! You don't know enough physics.
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 28; Нарушение авторских прав