АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Grammar Review 2 – Prepositions of Place, Movement, Time
Ex.1. Choose the correct preposition.
1. Dave's bike is leaning onto/againstthe garage wall.
2. A: Where's Mum?
3. The new hotel is opposite/alongStanley Park.
4. Julie didn't recognize me. In fact, she walked straight towards/past me.
5. A: Do you know where Claire lives?
6. I hung the painting over/upour bed.
7. Harold sat outside/next toMrs. Medley at the dinner party.
8. The cat fell asleep among/underthe dining room table.
9. The little boy hid from/behinda tree and waited for his friend to find him.
10. I'll meet you towards/outsidethe museum at eight o'clock.
11. We walked between/along the deserted, sandy beach.
12. A: Why are you so tired?
Ex.2. Choose the correct item.
1. I parked the car ______ the hospital and went inside.
2. There was a fallen tree ______ the road.
3. There's a river that runs ______ my village.
4. ______ the trees was a charming, little cottage.
5. My house is ______ the bicycle shop and the post office.
6. A: What's ______ the box?
7. We live on the second floor, ______ the newsagent's.
8. I walked all the way ______ the city centre to the harbour yesterday.
9. We got ______ the train at Ellington Station.
10. On our way ______ Joanne's house, we stopped and bought some flowers.
11. The mother held out her hands and the baby walked ______ her.
12. At night, I always keep a glass of water ______ me on my bedside table.
Ex.3. Fill in the gaps with at, in, and on where necessary.
1. A: Don't forget that we are going to the rock festival ______ Thursday night.
2. A: What time is the meeting?
3. A: Let's go away ______ December.
4. A: Guess what! Tom and Mary got engaged ______ last night.
5. A: When do the children have their Spanish lesson ______ this week?
6. A: Mum, when was Grandpa born?
7. A: Are the Smiths going to come over for dinner ______ New Year's Eve?
8. A: When did you learn to ride a bicycle?
9. A: When was the first automobile invented?
10. A: Why don't we meet ______ lunch time ______ next Friday.
11. A: Are you going away ______ August?
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 15; Нарушение авторских прав