АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
1. Choose the correct translation of the following Russian sentence:
В этой тюрьме Нью-Йорка много политзаключенных.
1. Many political prisoners are in this New York jail.
2. In this New York jail are many political prisoners.
3. There are many political prisoners are in this New York jail.
4. There are in this jail many political prisoners.
2. Choose the suitable grammar form for the following sentences:
1. … by his work he can do more than this.
a) judged; b) judging; c) judge
2. The legislation … by this department is very important.
a) prepare; b) preparing; c) prepared
3. There are some state institutions … the life of the society.
a) regulate; b) regulating; c) regulated
3. Choose the suitable word for the following sentences:
1. The … of any state regulates the political life in the society.
a) legislation; b) power; c) government; d) department
2. The police is necessary to …
a) divide private property; b) keep order; c) exploit the power; d) regulate relations
3. The … class regulates legislation.
a) economic; b) collective; c) historical; d) ruling
4. Choose the suitable synonym for the following words:
1. legislation – a) judging people; b) making laws;
c) special laws; d) police actions;
2. consist of – a) be made up of; b) be well at;
c) be bothered; d) be included.
5. Choose the suitable words for the following sentences:
1. The job of … is to accuse the criminal.
a) defence counsel; b) chairman; c) prosecutor; d) witness
2. Nobody wanted to … nazism.
a) call on; b) accuse; c) test; d) defend
3. The witness gave very important …
a) hearing; b) sentence; c) crime; d) evidence
4. When the hearing was over the judge read the …
a) sentence; b) evidence; c) threat; d) facts
6. Choose the suitable synonym for the following words:
1. just – a) poor; b) progressive; c) numerous; d) fair
2. to strengthen – a) to struggle; b) to make stronger; c) to threaten; d) to find guilty.
7. Choose the suitable word for the following sentences:
1. The king’s party … their opponents.
a) signed; b) refused; c) defeated; d) reflected
2. The king refused … the delegation.
a) to argue; b) to defeat; c) to sign; d) to accept
3. The … of this country is in the interests of its people.
a) century; b) development; c) difference; d) matter
4. This powerful group … the policy of the state.
a) is held; b) calls; c) supports; d) summons
8. Choose the suitable synonyms for the following words:
1. to argue – a) to disagree; b) to advise; c) to change; d) to reflect
2. to defeat – a) to control; b) to accept; c) to date back; d) to win a victory
9. Choose the suitable word for the following sentences:
1. The people of this country have been struggling for their … for 10 years.
a) occasion; b) chamber; c) independence; d) vote
2. The Queen has les … than Prime-Ministe.
a) rules; b) rights; c) chambers; d) honours
3. Where is George? I believe he has … already.
a) arrived; b) sent; c) presided; d) quarreled
4. There are rules for all …
a) beginnings; b) shairs; c) duties; d) occasions
10. Choose the suitable synonym for the following words:
1. believe – a) follow; b) be afraid of; c) be of the opinion; d) be full
2. honour – a) respect; b) duty; c) right; d) rule
FINAL TEST “ENGLISH FOR STUDENTS OF LAW”
Дата добавления: 2015-04-16; просмотров: 13; Нарушение авторских прав