АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
1. Choose the suitable word for the following sentences:
1. … will be held in a year.
a) suffrage; b) majority; c) election; d) qualification
2. The deputies will … with their electors.
a) receive; b) meet; c) recall; d) register
3. Mr. White … the republicans.
a) represents; b) deprives; c) reports back; d) nominates
4. The Democratic Party candidate got … of votes.
a) right; b) confidence; c) suffrage; d) majority
2. Choose the suitable synonyms for the following words:
1. receive – a) recall; b) accept; c) participate; d) report back
2. suffrage – a) elector; b) voter; c) vote; d) right
3. Choose the suitable definition of the following words:
1. council – a) group of people appointed or elected; b) a person who gives advice;
c) the head of the government; d) people who gowern the state;
2. to agree – a) to discuss something; b) to get acquainted; c) to say “yes”; d) to remind
4. Choose the suitable synonyms for the following words:
1. publich – a) protect; b) punish; c) show; d) issue
2. force – a) lighting; b) strength; c) forth; d) freedom
5. Choose the suitable words to fill in the blanks:
1. His choice was not … by his father.
a) blocked; b) organized; c) issued; d) approved
2. The … of this country is not as complicated as in Britain.
a) circuit; b) judiciary; c) bench; d) passage
3. He doesn’t … his father.
a) belong; b) look like; c) declare; d) determine
4. The … laws of that country serve the interests of the rich.
a) special; b) approving; c) preserving; d) existing
6. Choose the suitable description of the jurisdiction of the following courts:
1. Supreme Court; 2. Court of Appeal; 3. District Court;
a) Most of the criminal and civil cases are tried by this court.
b) It has the right to declare unconstitutional any law passed by Congress.
c) It hears appeals from lawer courts.
7. Choose the suitable words to fill in the blanks:
1. Thin man has just been …
a) violated; b) faced; c) got; d) robbed
2. Burglary is one of the … crimes.
a) international; b) violent; c) legislative; d) special
3. He … some very serious problems.
a) violated; b) murdered; c) faced; d) bought
4. This man is a very dangerous …
a) criminal; b) juvenile; c) neighbour; d) teenager
8. Choose the suitable definition of the following words:
1. violence – a) unlawful killing of a person;
b) commission of an act, accompanied by great force;
c) deprivation of smb’s property
2. burglary – a) crime of taking drugs;
b) crime of taking smb’s property secretly;
c) crime of breaking into a house by night to steal.
9. Choose the suitable words to fill in the blanks:
1. It is … that try most of criminal and some civil cases.
a) accused; b) jury; c) justice of the peace; d) Law lord
2. This … was the most important thing for him.
a) country; b) accused; c) layman; d) judgement
3. The … was told about his rights.
a) accused; b) Law lord; c) magistrate; d) barrister
4. The sooner this … is over, the better.
a) Common Law; b) appeal; c) jury; d) trial
10. Choose the suitable answer for the following questions:
1. How many systems of law are there in the United Kingdom?
a) 1; b) 2; c) 3; d) 4
2. What do the sources of law include?
a) statutes, Equity; b) Common Law, Equity; c) statutes, Common Law; d) statutes, Common Law, Equity
3. What do the Crown Courts deal with?
a) civil cases; b) criminal cases; c) civil and criminal cases
4. What are the County Courts?
a) the main civic courts; b) the main criminal courts; c) the main appellate courts
FINAL TEST “ENGLISH FOR STUDENTS OF LAW”
Дата добавления: 2015-04-16; просмотров: 8; Нарушение авторских прав