АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Независимый Причастный Оборот
Подлежащее +Причастие , Подлежащее +Сказуемое.
The work being finished, they went home.
Так как / если / поскольку/ после того, как …
Подлежащее +Сказуемое, Подлежащее +Причастие .
The new method was tired, better results being obtained.
… а / и / но / причем
I. Determine the function of the participle in sentences and translate them.
1. The students spoken about the meeting yesterday completed this work successfully. 2. The task set was not an easy one. 3. Some very complicated models are investigated in the paper. 4. The latest model now being tested accounts for many of the previously unknown phenomena. 5. For the investigation being conducted at present the lack of such data is of no importance. 6. As a starting point of the investigation the algorithms developed in the paper were exercised in various models. 7. The algorithm chosen in this study is a simplified and slightly modified version of Wagner’s model, which is one of the models presented in Reference 1. 8. The results obtained showed the stability of the system under conditions given above.
II. Translate the sentences into Russian paying attention to the Participle I and II.
6. He referred to experiment results while explaining the phenomenon in terms of multiple reflections. 2. We found the first series of experiments completed. 3. Speaking on the subject, mention should be made of high radiation intensity. 4. Allowing for these changes, we may predict time behaviour. 5. The methods of measurements developed lately differ greatly from the old ones. 6. The successful results of the experiments received at this laboratory are very important for the new technological process being developed. 7. While making the experiment we made use of all data available. 8. Unless checked the results can’t be applied in the research. 9. The experiments of many other scientists following Rutherford’s research proved his predictions.
III. Write the questions to bold typed words.
1. Having been warmed to 0, ice began to melt. 2. The data so far obtained, were no interest. 3. Having been used for a long time, the device partly lost its efficiency. 4. The distance traveled during the next hour, changed greatly. 5. While being used, the device showed poor characteristics. 6. Knowing length and time, we can define velocity. 7. If cooled, water becomes ice. 8. Having been well tested, the machine was put into operation.
IV. Translate the sentences from Russian into English.
1. Завершая серию экспериментов, студенты получили интересные данные. 2. Завершив первую серию экспериментов, они начали обрабатывать полученные данные. 3. Измеряя температуру воды, обычно пользуются термометром. 4. Обсудив полученные результаты, экспериментаторы поняли, что они недостаточно точны. 5. Работая с радиоактивными веществами, вы должны быть осторожны. 6. Снабдив лабораторию всем необходимым, исследовательская группа смогла успешно продолжать работу.
V. Complete the sentences choosing the appropriate form of the Participle I or II in brackets.
1. Newton assumed that light was made up of many small participles at high (moving/moved) speeds. 2. This figure represents light particles (leaving/left) a source in many directions. 3. A group of such particles (travelling/travelled) parallel paths is called a beam of light. 4. The experiments (carrying/carried) out at our laboratory are rather interesting. 5. The metal (using/used) in that experiment was titanium. 6. The result (receiving/received) changed with the material used. 7. The problem (concerning/concerned) must be considered in detail. 8. The period (following/followed) this invention was very productive.
VI. Translate the following sentences into Russian paying attention to the translation of Participle II with adverbs.
so thus –так, таким образом; so far, thus far –до сих пор.
1. The values thus found are of some interest. 2. The results so far received are not accurate enough. 3. The problem so explained was easily understood. 4. The articles thus far written on the subject are of no interest. 5. The work so done provided us with new data. 6. The method thus far used by us was effective enough. 7. The results thus achieved were of great help. 8. The measurements so far made are to be repeated.
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 29; Нарушение авторских прав