АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Exercise59. Вставьте модальные глаголы may или can.
Например: May I come in? I cancome and see you tomorrow.
1. … you see anything in the darkness?
2. You … go when have finished your composition.
3. You … come in if you have taken off your boots.
4. Be careful. you … spill the milk if you carry it like that.
5. Most children … slide on ice very well.
6. Only a person who knows the language very well … answer such a question.
Exercise60. Вставьте модальные глаголы may (might), can (could).
Например: Something was wrong with the car. he couldnot start it.
I’m not sure what to do tonight. I mightstay at home or I mightvisit my friends.
1. I … not imagine her speaking in public. I knew that she was so shy.
2. You … read this book. you know the language well enough.
3. You … take this book. I don’t need it any more.
4. She asked me if she … use my telephone.
5. … I help you?
6. ‘What’ s for dinner?’ ‘I don’t know yet. We … have some salad’
Exercise 61. Заполните пропуски модальными глаголами can, may, must.
Например: I have very little time. I mustgo.
1. You … not smoke here. 2. ‘… I take your pen?’ ‘I’m afraid not. I need it.’ 3. He … not speak English yet. 4. My boss … be in his office now. 5. This woman is an experienced driver. she … drive even a bus.
6. … I ask you a question?
Exercise 62. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на значение модальных глаголов have to, be to.
1. He is to come here at five o’clock.
2. The train was to leave at three-fifteen.
3. I can’t go out tonight. I have to study for my exam.
4. Who is to look after the children?
5. It was very cold yesterday, so I had to wear a warm coat.
6. There is no school tomorrow, so the children don’t have to go to bed early.
Exercise 63. Заполните пропуски правильной формой глагола have to (have to, has to, had to, will have to).
Например:The car broke down so I had togo by bus.
1. We arrived too early so we … wait.
2. He is a policeman so he … wear a uniform.
3. If the weather conditions get any worse, the climbers … give up.
4. I … learn Spanish because I need it for my job.
5. If I don’t pass the exam, I … take it again.
6. The manager told us, we … reduce our lunch breaks.
Exercise 64. Заполните пропуски правильной формой глагола can (can, can’t, could, couldn’t, will be able to)
1. You … make an omelette without breaking eggs.
2. … you tell me the time, please?
3. Mr. Marshall is busy this week, but he … see you next week.
4. We told him … leave whenever he wanted to.
5. Allan … play chess two years ago, but now it is his favourite game.
6. Soon he … take part in chess competition.
Exercise 65. Заполните пропуски правильной формой глагола have to ( don’t /doesn’t have to, didn’t have to, won’t have to).
Например:It’s Sunday tomorrow so I won’t have toget up early.
1. We went to a restaurant yesterday, so we … cook.
2. Let’s clean up now, so we … do it tomorrow.
3. Lucy feels better now, so she … take the medicine.
4. You’ve got plenty of time. You … hurry.
5. It was very warm yesterday, so I … wear a coat.
6. I took the dog for a walk this morning, so you … take it out now.
Exercise 66. Заполните пропуски модальными глаголами mustn’t, needn’t.
A teacher is speaking to his students before a test.
“You are going to have a test today. Your test papers are on your desks. You 1) mustn’t begin until I tell you. You 2) … hurry; you have plenty of time. You 3) … speak during the test. You 4) … copy your friends’ work or open any of your books. You 5) … write in pen; if you prefer you can write in pencil. You 6) … stay when you’ve finished; you can leave if you want to, but you 7) … be noisy. Wait for your friends outside the building!
Finally, I wish you all good luck. You can begin now!”
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 14; Нарушение авторских прав