АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Страдательный залог (The Passive Voice)
1. Переведите, обращая внимание на залог:
A. 1. He left for Moscow. 2. The news will be of great interest. 3. They were speaking to him. 4. She studied many subjects. 5. He was much spoken about. 6. New subjects will be studied next term. 7. I am working now. 8. The text has already been written by them. 9. He studies at our school. 10. You are playing chess, aren’t you? 11. The text is being translated at the moment. 12. Do you work at this lab? 13. When I saw him, he was going home. 14. They will have passed their exams by 3 o’clock. 15. This book was written by our teacher. 16. We shall be written our tests at 10 o’clock. 17. The work will have been done when he comes. 18. We translated this text. 19. The letter had been written before we came. 20. We shall inform you. 21. These toys are made in Japan.
B. 1. They can be seen in our library every day. 2. The delegation is headed by the Prime Minister. 3. The child was often left home alone. 4. These houses were built last year. 5. All letters had been written when we came. 6. This film is much spoken about. 7. The machine is being tested now. 8. His work has been already finished. 9. I was told to wait for him. 10. Your letter will have been answered by Monday. 11. The experiment was being carried out from ten till twelve o’clock. 12. Children under sixteen will not be admitted here.
2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в нужном времени и залоге:
1. I’m not reading these books today. They (return) to the library. 2. The paintings (exhibit) till the end of the month. 3. Why your home task (not do)? 4. She was taken to the hospital today, and (operate) tomorrow morning. 5. This room (use) only on special occasions. 6. Bicycles must not (leave) here. 7. This newspaper (not read). The pages (cut). 8. Dictionaries may not (use) at the examination. 9. Usually this street (sweep) every day, but it (not sweep) yesterday. 10. This book (leave) in the classroom yesterday; it (find) by the teacher. 11. Thousands of new houses (build) every year. 12. This room (not use), for a long time. 13. The children are very excited this morning. They (take) to the circus this afternoon.
3. Переведите, используя нужный залог:
A. 1. Эта книга была прочитана всеми. 2. Письмо будет отправлено завтра. 3. Ее часто спрашивают? 4. На ваш вопрос ответят завтра. 5. Текст переводился вчера с двух до трех. 6. Работа только что завершена нами. 7. Эти книги уже будут опубликованы к концу года. 8. Наша контрольная работа сейчас проверяется? 9. О новой книге будут много говорить. 10. В нашем городе сейчас строится много новых зданий. 11. Ключи были утеряны вчера. 12. Мальчика возьмут в кино. 13. Вам сказали об этом? 14. Телеграмма уже получена?
B. 1. Он сказал мне, что текст будет переведен к 10 часам завтра. 2. Все картины, которые вы здесь видите, написаны одним и тем же художником. 3. Письмо будет отправлено завтра. 4. Работа будет закончена в срок. 5. За доктором послали? Сделайте это как можно скорее. У ребенка высокая температура. 6. Эта книжка была написана до того, как автор стал знаменитым. 7. Сотни новых домов будут построены к концу этого года. 8. Эта история давно забыта всеми.
15. Герундий (The Gerund)
1. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на герундий:
1. Watching football matches can be exciting enough, but of course it is more exciting playing football. 2. She stopped coming to see us, and I wondered what had happened to her. 3. Can you remember having seen the man before? 4. She was terrified of having spoken to anybody, and even more, of being spoken to. 5. He was on the point of leaving the club, as the porter stopped him. 6. After being corrected by the teacher, the students’ papers were returned to them. 7. I wondered at my mother’s having allowed the journey. 8. I understand perfectly your wishing to start the work at once. 9. Everybody will discuss the event, there is no preventing it. 10. At last he broke the silence by inviting everybody to walk into the dining-room. 11. On being told the news she turned pale. 12. The place is worth visiting.
2. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на герундий:
1. I avoided speaking to them about that matter. 2. She burst out crying. 3. They burst out laughing. 4. She denied having been at home that evening. 5. He enjoyed talking of the pleasures of traveling. 6. Excuse my leaving you at such a moment. 7. Fancy seeing her in tears! 8. Please forgive my interfering. 9. He gave up smoking a few years ago. 10. They went on talking. 11. He keeps insisting on my going to the south. 12. Oh, please, do stop laughing at him. 13. Do you mind my asking you a difficult question? 14. Would you mind coming again in a day or two? 15. I don’t mind wearing this dress. 16. She could not help smiling. 17. I cannot put off doing this translation.
3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя герундий в активной или пассивной форме:
1. Why do you avoid (to speak) to me? 2. She tried to avoid (to speak) to. 3. The doctor insisted on (to send) the sick man to hospital. 4. The child insisted on (to send) home at once. 5. Do you mind him (to examine) by a heart specialist? 6. He showed no sign of (to recognize) me. 7. She showed no sign of (to surprise). 8. He had a strange habit of (to interfere) in other people’s business. 9. I was angry at (to interrupt) every other moment. 10. He was always ready for (to help) people. 11. He was very glad of (to help) in the difficulty. 12. On (to allow) to leave the room the children immediately ran out into the yard and began (to play). 13. In (to make) this experiment they came across some very interesting phenomena. 14. The results of the experiment must be checked and re-checked before (to publish). 15. The watch requires (to repair). 16. The problem is not worth (to discuss).
4. Переведите, используя герундий:
1. Он никогда не соглашался отправиться в такое опасное путешествие. 2. Он не одобрял ее пристрастие к кофе. 3. Учитель математики не одобрял фантазии детей. 4. Все в моей жизни зависит от твоей любви ко мне. 5. Я не думаю, что его видел. 6. Я настаивал на том, чтобы мне рассказали правду. 7. Похоже, что дитя плакало. 8. Если вы не возражаете, то я открою окно. 9. Похоже будет дождь. 10. Моему другу удалось перевести текст. 11. Я предлагаю прочитать этот текст. 12. Бедняки благодарили Робин Гуда за помощь. 13. Мы очень хотим видеть вас. 14. Она всегда жаловалась на недомогание. 15. Перед отправлением нужно присесть. 16. После проведения эксперимента, ученые пошли в конференц-зал. 17. После того, как вопрос был обсужден, о нем все забыли.
16. Причастия: The Participle I, The Participle II
1. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на Participle I, Participle II:
1. a) A letter sent from St. Petersburg today will be in Moscow tomorrow.
b) He saw some people in the post office sending telegrams.
c) When sending the telegram she forgot to write her name.
2. a) Some of the questions put to the lecturer yesterday were very important.
b) The girl putting the book on the shelf is the new librarian.
c) While putting the eggs into the basket she broke one of them.
3. a) A fish taken out of the water cannot live.
b) A person taking a sunbath must be very careful.
c) Taking a dictionary, he began translating the text.
4. a) A line seen through this crystal looks double.
b) A teacher seeing a mistake in a student’s dictation always corrects it.
c) Seeing clouds of smoke over the house, the girl cried: “Fire! Fire!”
5. a) The word said by the student was not correct.
b) The man standing at the door of the train carriage and saying good-bye to his friends is a well-known musician.
2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Participle или Perfect Participle:
1. (to live) in the south of our country, he cannot enjoy the beauty of St. Petersburg’s White Nights in summer. 2. (to talk) to her neighbor in the street, she did not notice how a thief stole her money. 3. (to read) the story, she closed the book and put it on the shelf. 4. (to buy) some juice and cakes, we went home. 5. (to sit) near the fire, he felt very warm. 6. (to do) his homework, he was thinking hard. 7. (to do) his homework, he went for a walk. 8. (to sell) fruit, he looked back from time to time, hopping to see his friends. 9. (to sell) all the fruit, he went to see his friends. 10. (to eat) all the potatoes, she drank a cup of tea. 11. (to drink) tea, she scalded her lips. 12. (to run) in the yard, I fell and hurt my knee. 13. (to look) through some magazines, I came across an interesting article about UFOs. 14. (to write) out and (to learn) all the new words, he was able to translate the text easily.
3. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на независимый причастный оборот:
1. You can set your mind at ease, all being well. 2. There being no chance of escape, the thief was arrested on the spot. 3. Oliver knocked weakly at the door and, all his strength failing him, sank near the door. 4. The bridge having been swept away by the flood, the train was late. 5. There being little time left, they hired a cab to get to the theatre in time. 6. It being cold and damp, a fire was lighted for the weary travelers to warm themselves by. 7. It being pretty late, they decided to postpone their visit. 8. The hour being late, she hastened home. 9. The sun having set an hour before, it was getting darker. 10. The weather being cold, he put on his overcoat. 11. The weather having changed, we decided to stay where we were. 12. The weather being very warm, the closet window was left open. 13. And the wind having dropped, they set out to walk. 14. The vessel being pretty deep in the water and the weather being calm, there was but little motion. 15. The resistance being very high, the current in the circuit was very low.
Дата добавления: 2015-01-01; просмотров: 68; Нарушение авторских прав