јвтомобилијстрономи€Ѕиологи€√еографи€ƒом и садƒругие €зыкиƒругое»нформатика»стори€ ультураЋитератураЋогикаћатематикаћедицинаћеталлурги€ћеханикаќбразованиеќхрана трудаѕедагогикаѕолитикаѕравоѕсихологи€–елиги€–иторика—оциологи€—порт—троительство“ехнологи€“уризм‘изика‘илософи€‘инансы’ими€„ерчениеЁкологи€ЁкономикаЁлектроника
»нфинитив (The Infinitive)
1. ¬ставьте частицу to перед инфинитивом, где необходимо:
1. I like Е play the guitar. 2. My brother can Е speak French. 3. We had Е put on our overcoats because it was cold. 4. They wanted Е cross the river. 5. It is high time for you Е go to bed. 6. May I Е use your telephone? 7. They heard the girl Е cry out with joy. 8. I would rather Е stay at home today. 9. He did not want Е play in the yard any more. 10. Would you like Е go to England? 11. You look tired. You had better Е go home. 12. I wanted Е speak to Nick, but could not Е find his telephone number. 13. It is time Е get up. 14. Let me Е help you with your homework. 15. I was planning Е do a lot of things yesterday. 16. IТd like Е speak to you. 17. I think I shall be able Е solve this problem. 18. What makes you Е think you are right? 19. I shall Е do all I can Е help you. 20. I like Е dance. 21. IТd like Е dance. 22. She made me Е repeat my words several times. 23. I saw him Е enter the room. 24. She did not let mother Е go away. 25. Do you like Е listen to good music? 26. Would you like Е listen to good music? 27. That funny scene made me Е laugh.
2. «амените выделенные части предложений инфинитивными оборотами:
1. I have no books which I can read. 2. Is there anybody who will help youwith your spelling? 3. DonТt forget that she has a baby which she must take care of. 4. Have you got nothing that you want to say on this subject? 5. There was nothing that he could do except go home. 6. I have only a few minutes in which I can explain these words to you. 7. I have an examination which I must take soon, so I canТt go to the theatre with you. 8. King Lear decided to have a hundred knights who would serve him after he had divided up his kingdom.
3. –аскройте скобки, употребл€€ требующуюс€ форму инфинитива:
1. I hope (to see) you soon. 2. We expect (to be) back in two days. 3. He expected (to help) by his friends. 4. I want (to take) to the concert by my father. 5. He seems (to read) since morning. 6. I am glad (to do) all the homework yesterday. 7. She seems (to work) at this problem ever since she came here. 8. I am sorry (to break) my pen.
4. –аскройте скобки, употребл€€ требующуюс€ форму инфинитива:
1. I hate (to bother) you, but the student are still waiting (to give) books for their work. 2. He seized every opportunity (to appear) in public: he was so anxious (to talk) about. 3. Is there anything else (to tell) her? I believe she deserves (to know) the state of her sick brother. 4. He began writing books not because he wanted (to earn) a living. He wanted (to read) and (not to forget). 5. I consider myself lucky (to be) to that famous exhibition and (to see) so many wonderful paintings. 6. He seems (to know) French very well: he is said (to spend) his youth in Paris. 7. The enemy army was reported (to overthrow) the defense lines and (to advance) towards the suburbs of the city. 8. The woman pretended (to read) and (not to hear) the bell. 9. You seem (to look) for trouble. 10. It seemed (to snow) heavily since early morning: the ground was covered with a deep layer of snow. 11. They seemed (to quarrel): I could hear angry voices from behind the door. 12. Perhaps it would upset her (to tell) the truth of the matter. 13. They are supposed (to work) at the problem for the last two months. 14. The only sound (to hear) was the snoring of grandfather in the bedroom. 15. Her ring was believed (to lose) until she happened (to find) it during the general cleaning. It turned out (to drop) between the sofa and the wall. 16. They seemed (to wait) for ages.
18. »нфинитивна€ конструкци€: —ложное подлежащее
1. ѕереведите на русский €зык, обраща€ внимание на сложное подлежащее:
1. Many books are known to be published in our country every year. 2. You are supposed to graduate in four years. 3. Radium is said to be very radioactive. 4. This device was known to have been designed in that laboratory. 5. His invention is considered to be of great importance. 6. The sun is known to represent a mass of compressed gases. 7. The new rocket is reported to go into operation next year. 8. This type rocket is supposed to have many advantages. 9. For a long time the atom was thought to be indivisible. 10. The helium atom was found to have two electrons. 11. I did not know what I was expected to say to that, so I said nothing. 12. He was said to be one of the most promising nuclear physicists. 13. He is said to be a good translator. 14. Roberta was known to be an honest and hardworking girl. 15. Clyde was expected to arrive at the weekend. 16. Becky and Tom were supposed to have stayed at the widow DouglasТ. 17. The number of the unemployed is reported to be increasing with every year. 18. Many new textbooks are expected to be published soon. 19. The Moscow Underground is said to be the finest in the world. 20. A hare is known to run very fast. 21. The man was seen to take off his coat. 22. The diamond content of the mines in Western Yakutia is said to be in no way inferior to that of the world-famous South Africa mines. 23. That power station is known to be situated on the Angara River. 24. These devices are considered to be very effective.
2. ѕереведите на русский €зык, обраща€ внимание на сложное подлежащее:
1. Money just doesnТt happen to interest me. 2. In the middle of the lecture Dr. Sommerville happened to pause and look out of the window. 3. From the very first mention of Long John, I was afraid that he might turn out to be the very one-legged sailor whom I had watched for so long at the inn. 4. Clyde seemed to have been thinking of no one else but Sondra since their last meeting. 5. Clyde appeared to have forgotten of his promise to spend his spare evenings with Roberta. 6. She appeared to be an excellent actress. 7. One day a Hare happened to meet a Tortoise. 8. The Tortoise seemed to be moving very slowly. 9. The Hare turned out to be the loser of the race. 10. The apparatus seemed to be in excellent condition. 11. You appear to have found in him something that I have missed. 12. This work seems to take much time. 13. The operation seemed to be a complicated one. 14. The new methods of work appear to be very effective. 15. The percentage of carbon in this steel turned out to be low. 16. Irving turned out to be a long, pale-faced fellow. 17. His office turned out to be in one of the back streets. 18. He appeared to be an ideal man. 19. She doesnТt seem to want to do anything I suggest. 20. He turned out to have no feeling whatever for his nephew. 21. This appeared to amuse the policeman. 22. You can easily get in through the window if the door happens to be locked. 23. The peasants did not seem to see her. 24. The Gadfly seemed to have taken a dislike to Signora Grassini from the time of their first meeting. 25. You donТt seem to have done any great thing to yourself by going away. 26. УJim,Ф he said at last, in a voice that did not seem to belong to him.
19. »нфинитивна€ конструкци€: —ложное дополнение
1. ѕереведите на русский €зык, обраща€ внимание на оттенки значений сложного дополнени€ в зависимости от того, выражена ли его втора€ часть причастием или инфинитивом:
1. He felt her arm slipping through his. 2. She felt her hands tremble. 3. Now and then he could hear a car passing. 4. He felt his heart beat with joy. 5. He felt his heart beating with joy. 6. She could hear her father walking up and down the picture gallery. 7. We saw him cross the street looking to the left and to the right. 8. I felt the wind blowing through a crack in the wall. 9. We stood on deck and watched the sun going down. 10. I heard him playing the piano in the house. 11. It is nice to see people enjoying themselves. 12. We watched the planes circling above us. 13. Nobody noticed him come in and sit down. 14. I felt Nick put his hand on my shoulder. 15. She felt tears roll down her cheeks. 16. I was so weak that I felt my knees shaking.
2. ѕереведите на русский €зык, обраща€ внимание на сложное дополнение:
1. He wanted his letters sent once. 2. I donТt want my papers looked through. 3. She did not want her child taken to hospital. 4. She gave him some papers and said that the client wanted them signed. 5. The teacher wants our homework to be prepared well. 6. Would you like your luggage carried upstairs? 7. I want a bedroom prepared for my guest. 8. If you want things done well, do them yourself. 9. I should very much like it to be made clear to me. 10. The traveler entered the inn and ordered supper to be prepared.
3. ѕереведите на русский €зык, обраща€ внимание на сложное дополнение:
1. They had some dinner brought. 2. She had the children looked after in the evening when she went out. 3. Ellen had her needle threaded for her as her eyesight was getting worse and worse. 4. I must have these shoes mended. 5. I shall have my son taught music. 6. The planters had the trees in the jungle cut down. 7. I shall have your taxi kept at the door. 8. I shall have your things brought up and unpacked at once. 9. I must have my hair cut tomorrow. 10. I have just had my photograph taken and thought you might like to get one. 11. I meant to have this dress altered but I never did. 12. She has had no photographs of herself taken since her childhood. 13. Have this carpet spread on the floor.
4. ѕереведите на английский €зык, употребл€€ сложное дополнение:
1. я хочу, чтобы все дети сме€лись. 2. я хочу, чтобы все это прочитали. 3. ћне хотелось бы, чтобы доктор посмотрел его. 4. ƒети хотели, чтобы € рассказал им сказку. 5. я не хочу, чтобы она знала об этом. 6. ќн хотел, чтобы его друг пошел с ним. 7. ћой брат хочет, чтобы € изучила испанский €зык. 8. я бы хотел, чтобы мои ученики хорошо знали английский €зык. 9. я не хочу, чтобы ты получил плохую оценку. 10. ћне бы не хотелось, чтобы они опоздали. 11. я не хотела, чтобы вы мен€ ждали. 12. ќна бы хотела, чтобы ее брат получил первый приз. 13. я хочу, чтобы вы прочли эту книгу. 14. ћне бы хотелось, чтобы вы приехали к нам. 15. ќна хотела, чтобы ее сын хорошо закончил школу. 16. »м бы хотелось, чтобы мы проиграли игру. 17. ќна не хотела, чтобы € уехал в ћоскву. 18. я бы не хотел, чтобы вы потер€ли мою книгу. 19. ѕапа хочет, чтобы € была пианисткой. 20. ћы хотим, чтобы этот артист приехал к нам в школу. 21. ¬ам бы хотелось, чтобы € рассказал вам эту историю? 22. ’отите, € дам вам мой словарь?
20. ѕр€ма€ и косвенна€ речь (Direct and Indirect Speech)
—огласование времЄн в косвенной речи (Sequence of Tenses)
1. ѕередайте следующие повелительные предложени€ в косвенной речи:
1. The teacher said to me: УHand this note to your parents, please.Ф 2. Oleg said to his sister: УPut the letter into an envelope and give it to Kate.Ф 3. УPlease help me with this work, Henry,Ф said Robert. 4. УPlease bring me some fish soup,Ф he said to the waitress. 5. УDonТt worry over such a small thing,Ф she said to me. 6. УPlease donТt mention it to anybody,Ф Mary said to her friend. 7. УPromise to come and see me,Ф said Jane to Alice. 8. He said to us: УCome here tomorrow.Ф 9. I said to Mike: УSend me a telegram as soon as you arrive.Ф 10. Father said to me: УDonТt stay there long.Ф 11. Peter said to them: УDonТt leave the room until I come back.Ф 12. УTake my luggage to Room 145,Ф he said to the porter. 13. He said to me: УRing me up tomorrow.Ф 14. УBring me a cup of black coffee,Ф she said to the waiter. 15. УDonТt be late for dinner,Ф said mother to us. 16. Jane said to us: УPlease tell me all you know about it.Ф
2. ѕередайте следующие повествовательные предложени€ в косвенной речи:
1. He said: УI have just received a letter from my uncle.Ф 2. УI am going to the theatre tonight,Ф he said to me. 3. Mike said: УI spoke to Mr. Brown this morning.Ф 4. He said to her: УI shall do it today if I have time.Ф 5. I said to them: УI can give you my uncleТs address.Ф 6. Oleg said: УMy room is on the second floor.Ф 7. He said: УI am sure she will ring me up when she is back in St. Petersburg.Ф 8. Misha said: УI saw them at my parentТs house last year.Ф 9. He said: УI havenТt seen my cousin today.Ф 10. УI donТt go to this shop very often,Ф she said. 11. The mother said: УThe children are in the nursery, doctor.Ф 12. УI have no time for lunch today,Ф said the boy to his mother. 13. УYou speak English very well,Ф said the woman to me. 14. My brother said to me: УI am going to become a doctor.Ф 15. My uncle said to us: УI buy several newspaper every day.Ф
3. ѕередайте следующие специальные вопросы в косвенной речи:
1. Mother said to me: УWho has brought this parcel?Ф 2. He said to her: УWhere do you usually spend your summer holidays?Ф 3. Ann said to Mike: УWhen did you leave London?Ф 4. She said to Boris: УWhen will you be back home?Ф 5. Boris said to them: УHow can I get to the railway station?Ф 6. Mary asked Tom: УWhat time will you come here tomorrow?Ф 7. She asked me: УWhy didnТt you come here yesterday?Ф 8. She asked me: УWhat will you do tomorrow if you are not busy at your office?Ф 9. I said to Nick: УWhere are you going?Ф 10. I said to him: УHow long are you going to stay there?Ф
4. ѕередайте следующие общие вопросы в косвенной речи:
1. I said to Mike: УHave you packed your suitcase?Ф 2. I said to Kate: УDid anybody meet you at the station?Ф 3. I said to her: УCan you give me their address?Ф 4. I asked Tom: УHave you had breakfast?Ф 5. I asked my sister: УWill you stay at home or go for a walk after dinner?Ф 6. I said to my mother: УDid anybody come to see me?Ф 7. I asked my sister: УWill Nick call for you on the way to school? 8. She said to the young man: УCan you call a taxi for me?Ф 9. Mary said to Peter: УHave you shown your photo to Dick?Ф 10. Oleg said to me: УWill you come here tomorrow?Ф 11. He said to us: УDid you go to the museum this morning?Ф
ƒата добавлени€: 2015-01-01; просмотров: 62; Ќарушение авторских прав