АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
REVISION OF LESSONS 4-6
Упражнение 1.Повторите способы выражения определения. Найдите определения и переведите предложения.
A. 1. This is an excellent computer which will give you many
B. 1. Tell me about the report you are preparing now. 2. A new
Упражнение 2.Прочитайте и переведите тексты, обращая внимание на проработанную грамматику и лексику 4, 5, 6 уроков.
We interact with computers by entering instructions and data into them. After the information has been processed (обрабаты-
вать), we can see the results (i.e. the output) on the visual display unit (VDU — устройство виртуального отображения) or the monitor. In this interactive process with the computer, the screen plays an important part.
The pictures and the characters (символы) we see on the screen are made up of picture elements which are also called pixels. The total number of pixels the display is divided in (both horizontally and vertically) is known as resolution. When the number of pixels is very large, we obtain a high resolution display and therefore a sharp image. If the number of pixels is small, a low resolution is obtained. Thus, pixel density or resolution affects the quality of the image: a larger number of pixels gives a much clearer image.
The cathode ray tube of the monitor is very similar to that of a TV set. Inside the tube there is an electron beam which scans the screen and turns on or off the pixels that make up the image. The beam appears in the top left corner, and scans the screen from left to right in a continuous sequence, similar to the movement of our eyes when we read, but much faster. This sequence is repeated 50, 60 or 75 times per second, depending on the system.
In a colour monitor, the screen surface is coated (покрывать) with substances called phosphors. Three different phosphor materials are used — one each for red, green and blue. A beam of electrons causes phosphor materials to give coloured light from which the picture is formed. Colour monitors are capable to display many different colours at the same time.
Portable computers use a flat liquid-crystal display (LCD) instead of a picture tube.
Not long ago it became known that cell phone manufacturers were experimenting with several different designs for the handheld devices that would be linked to the advanced wireless networks of the future. If these machines really are to become digital companions, they will have to be versatile, adaptable and fashionable (модный). Companies such as Nokia, Ericsson and Motorola are working on the third-generation «super phone» that will look quite different from existing cell phones. In fact, calling them phones seems absurd (неразумный). They will have built-in colour screens several inches square for presentation of high resolution graphics and video. Some may have a keyboard and a miniature mouse for data input, but most of them will use touch-sensitive
(сенсорный) screens and styluses (перо, пишущий узел) like those employed now by the handheld computers.
In addition to carrying voice communication, the super phone will also be able to play music files that are circulating on the Web in the most popular MP3 format (or in whatever format may replace it).
Упражнение 3.Объясните значение следующих словосочетаний.
Например: material properties — the properties of a material;
colour monitor — a monitor that works in colour;
company's database — the database which belongs to the company.
1. light beams
2. pixel number, pixel density
3. eye movements
4. director's computer
5. printing device
6. new generation computer
7. pocket-sized computer
8. handheld phones
9. high resolution display
10. high speed electronic circuits
11. computer controlled production equipment
Упражнение 4.Подберите к словам из колонки А их объяснение из колонки В.
1. pixel a. the maximum number of pixels in the horizontal
and vertical directions of the screen
2. monitor b. the results produced by a computer
3. resolution с the smallest element of a display surface
4. character d. read the image as a series of pixels to enter infor-
mation into the computer's memory
5. computer e. the picture tube of the display which is made of
glass and contains a vacuum
6. CRT f. a CRT device which displays the computer output
7. image g. a symbol available on the keyboard
8. scan h. the machine that stores and processes data
9. output i. a picture or what is seen on a television or com-
Упражнение 5. А.Заполните пропуски словами:
pixel certain Web stylus chip perform CPU mouse
1. A ... is a tiny piece of silicon containing a set of integrated circuits. 2. The ... directs and coordinates the operations taking place within the computer system. 3. The arithmetic logic units ... calculations on the data. 4. The common name for picture elements is .... 5. On colour systems, each pixel is a ... combination of the three primary colours: red, green, and blue. 6. ... is a system by which one can navigate through the Internet and find news, pictures, virtual museums, electronic magazines — any topic you can imagine. 7. What makes the ... especially useful is that it is a very quick way to move around on a screen. 8. A ... is a pen-like input device used to write directly on the screen to enter data.
B. Speak about:
The next generation mobile phones.
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 28; Нарушение авторских прав