АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
III. Answer the questions
1. What does microbiology study?
2. What disciplines does microbiology include?
3. What are the main two classifications of the branches of microbiology?
4. Name the pure branches of microbiology.
5. What are the applied sciences?
IV. Are the sentences True or False?
1. Veterinary microbiology is the study of the role in microbes in veterinary medicine or animal taxonomy.
2. Environmental microbiology is the study of microorganisms causing food spoilage and food borne illness.
3. Pharmaceutical microbiology is the study of wastewater treatment.
4. Industrial microbiology is the study of interactions between microorganisms and plants and plant pathogens.
5. Food microbiology uses microorganisms to produce foods, for example by fermentation.
6. Mycology is the study of fungi.
7. Protozoology is study of microscopic and submicroscopic details of microorganisms.
8. Generation microbiology studies of those microorganisms that have the same characters as their parents
9. Systems microbiology studies the molecular principles of the physiological processes in microorganisms.
10. Microbiologists traditionally relied on culture, staining, and microscopy.
V. Retell the text
Grammar: The Present Perfect
The Present Perfect simple ishave/has past participle. The past participle often ends in –ed (finished, decided etc.), but many important verbs are irregular (lost, done, been etc.).When we use the present perfect there is always a connection with now. The action in the past has a result now: Example: “Where is the key?”
“I don’t know. I’ve lost it.” (I haven’t got it now).
Read the situations and write sentences. Choose one of the following:
1. Mike is looking for his key. He can’t find it. …………………….
2. Margaret can’t walk and her leg is in plaster. She …………………..
3. Maria’s English wasn’t very good. Now it is much better. …………..
4. Tim didn’t have a beard last month. Now he has a beard. ………………..
5. This morning I was expecting a letter. Now I have it. …………………. .
6. Last week the bus fare was 80 pence. Now it is 90. …………………… .
Exercise 2. Put the verbs from the text into Present Perfect.
To employ,or prescribe, to remain, to prepare, to divide.
1. Why is it very difficult to generalize particular types of schools?
a) because it is not free
b) because it is extremely complex
c)educational system of Great Britain is extremely complex and bewildering
d) because there are not many teachers
2. What is the synonym of the “to admit”?
3. Whom are the schools provided by?
a) just own sponsors
d) are not supported
4. Do we show the definite time in Present Perfect Tense?
a) Yes, we do
b) No, we don’t
c) Yes, we are
d) No, we aren’t
5. What auxiliary word can’t be used in Present Perfect Tense?
6. What education does Technical Schools suggest pupils?
a) with scientific investigation
b) with high payment
c) with a technical bias
d) with technological bias
7. The curriculum includes more practical subjects.
a) Yes, it is
b) No, it is not
c) Yes, it has
d) Yes, it does
8. I can not find my note-book. I -------- -------- it I think.
a) have not left b) have lost c) have found d) have forgotten
9. What tense can be used instead of Present Perfect Tense if we show the time?
a) Past Perfect b) Past Simple c) Past Continuous d) Present Simple
10. There are several types of schools in Great Britain.
a) Yes, I agree b) Yes, I do c) Yes, I mean d) Yes, are there.
Дата добавления: 2015-01-29; просмотров: 8; Нарушение авторских прав