АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Ex. 2. Choose the right word.
1. He asked me if I had visited my friends (yesterday, the day before).
2. They said the conference in Criminal Law would take place (tomorrow, the next day)
3. I was asked when I was going to return (here, there).
4. I am sure that (this, that) is well-known all over the world.
5. He said he would take part in scientific work (next, the next) year.
6. They knew their friends were going to Kiev (now, then).
7. She said she had been to the city of Smolensk a year (ago, before).
8. We are told that we shall take our English exam (next, the next year).
9. He said that the lecture in Criminalistics would take place (today, that day).
10. She said that we could find the articles in (these, those) journals.
11. They didn’t know it they would watch the football match (tomorrow, the next day).
Ex. 3. Make the following sentences indirect.
“The students need more practice in speaking”
“These exercises are too difficult for me”.
“I don’t fell well today”.
“Nobody can do this work as well as my friend”
“I’ll come back in a few minutes”
“ I have already seen this film”.
He asked me,
“Where does your sister live?”
“How old are you?”
“What time is it?”
“Where are you going?”
“How long have you studied English?”
“Do you like to study at the Moscow Law Institute?”
3. I didn’t know,
“Where does she work?”
”Where did your brother go?”
“Does he know history well?”
“What is her husband’s name?”
“When will he visit his friends?”
4. I said to him,
“Wait for me outside”;
“Come back in an hour”.
“Don’t tell anybody about it”.
“Go to the cinema by bus”.
“Bring me the textbook in economy”.
Choose the right answer
1) The person who thinks that a judge has made a mistake may -------- to a higher court.
a) adjudicate; b) authorize; c) administer; d) appeal;
2) The -------- branch of a government decides whether laws are good and whether people have disobeyed these laws
a) executive; b) legislative; c) judicial; d) fiscal
3) The person who thinks that a judge has made a mistake may ---- to a higher court
a) appeal; b) authorize; c) administer; d) adjudicate
4) All twelve members of the ------- were convinced of Davidson’s guilt
a) bystanders; b) court; c) jury; d) police
5) The sign says that all shoplifters will be ….
a) prosecuted; b) persecuted; c) disproved; d) prohibited
6) The body of law called … law deals with the private relations between members of a community
a) land; b) criminal; c) administrative; d) civil;
7) A trial is a legal process in which a … examines a case to decide whether someone is guilty of crime
a) court of law (суд); b) college of advocates; c) legal aid office; d) legislative board
Try to do some tests up to the topics ‘’Court system of the United Kingdom’’, ‘’Court system of the USA’’
Дата добавления: 2015-01-29; просмотров: 28; Нарушение авторских прав