АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Exercise 107. Choose the correct answer.
1. I knew that Mercury (be) the closest planet to the sun, but I didn’t feel like answering the question.
Awas B is C had been
2. Mike hoped that his friend (help) him with the car.
Awould help B will help C helped
3. We didn’t know the score, but we were sure their team (lose) the game.
A has lost B had lost C lost
4. Yesterday Tom heard that his aunt (be ill) for five days.
Awas ill Bhas been ill C had been ill
5. The children were afraid of making any noise – Mom (sleep).
Awas sleeping Bslept Chad been sleeping
6. He gave all his money to me because he (trust) me.
Awould trust Btrusted C had trusted
7. We were told that Andrew (go) to enter that college.
A is going B went Cwas going
8. The police found out that Bob Slant (live) in London’s suburb at that time.
A had been living B lives C lived
9. My parents decided that we (celebrate) my birthday on Saturday.
A would celebrate B shall celebrate Ccelebrated
10. The pupil wasn’t able to do the translation because he (not/know) some special terms.
Ahadn’t known B didn’t know Cdoesn’t know
11. Ann hasn’t been informed that the lecture (not/take place) on Friday.
A hasn’t taken place Bwouldn’t take place C won’t take place
12. He said he (stay) at the «Ritz» Hotel.
A is staying B was staying Cwill be staying
13. They realized that they (lose) their way in the dark.
A lost B were losing Chad lost
14. He says he (work) at school two years ago.
A works B worked C has been working
15. I asked my sister to tell me what she (see) at the museum.
Ahas seen Bhad seen Csaw
16. I was sure she (post) the letter.
A had posted B has posted Cposted
17. My friend asked me who (play) the piano in the sitting-room.
A was playing B is playing C has been playing
18. I knew that he (be) a very clever man.
A was B is Chas been
19. I want to know what he (buy) for her birthday.
A had bought B has bought C bought
20. He said that he (spend) a fortnight in the Caucasus.
A has spent B had spent C spent
21. He thought I (sing) an Italian song.
A sang Bwas singing C had been singing
22. She said that she (read) a book for a long time.
A read B was reading Chad been reading
Exercise 108. Use the required tense forms in the following sentences.
1. She scarcely realized what (happen). Oh, Jane! I didn’t think you (be) so unkind. 3. As we (drive), her eyes (stare) rigidly out of the car window. 4. Darkness (fall) when we finally (return) to the hotel. 5. I (sit) there for about ten minutes, pretending to read, when someone (sit) down at my table. 6. She (look) up at him from where she (sit). Her make up things (lie) in front of her. She (do) her face. 7. I thought he (come) in time. 8. I finally said that I (not/ wish) to hear any more about the subject. 9. Mark remembered that he (leave) the cab at the hotel. 10. We have heard that he (be) very clever. 11. My wife told me that in an hour she (go) for a walk. 12. He said he (leave) tomorrow morning. 13. She says she already (find) the book. 14. When I went into the office next morning I already (formulate) my plan. 15. She said she (can) not tell me the right time, her watch (be) wrong. 16. I asked my neighbour if he ever (travel) by air before. 17. The policeman asked George where he (run) so early. 18. I knew they (wait) for me at the metro station and I decided to hurry. 19. He says that he (know) the laws of the country. 20. He could not understand why people (not/want) to take water from that well. 21. The teacher told us that there (be) 26 letters in the English alphabet. 22. One day the boy asked his father how long elephants (live). 23. He told us how he (live) in the North. We were quite astonished when he said that the sun never (rise) in winter and never (set) in summer. 24. An old friend rang up to ask how Elizabeth (feel) and whether she (can) go with his wife to the concert on Sunday morning.
Дата добавления: 2015-07-26; просмотров: 41; Нарушение авторских прав