АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
G. Speak about the four parts of the UK using the prompts.
GRAMMAR: PROPER NOUNS & ‘THE’
A. Write down the italicized phrases from the text. Match them to these uses of ‘the’.
B. Put in these names in the sentences below:English Channel and Straight of Dover, Cambrian Mountains, Wales,
1) The UK is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
2) … separate Great Britain from France.
3) …flow through England.
4) Cardiff is the capital of ….
5) … are a complex of mountain ranges on the western side of Britain.
6) Dublin is in …
7) … is a geographical name denoting a group of islands.
8) …is the highest point of the Highlands of Scotland.
9) The people of Wales are …
C. Read these sentences. Some are correct, but some need ‘the’. Correct the sentences where necessary.
1) Last year we visited Canada and United States.
2) Africa is much larger than Europe.
3) South of England is warmer than north.
4) We went to Spain for our holidays and swam in Mediterranean.
5) Tom has visited many countries in Eastern Europe.
6) A friend of mine used to work as a reporter in Middle East.
7) Next year we are going skiing in Swiss Alps.
8) Malta has been a republic since 1974.
9) Nile is the longest river in Africa.
10) Have you ever been to Philippines?
11) Belgium is smaller than Netherlands.
12) Rocky Mountains are in North America.
13) Panama Canal joins Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean.
14) The last areas to resist the English were the north of Ireland, Ulster, but in the end the Irish were defeated.
LISTENING 1: LONDON IN A DAY
(Total English, Intermediate, Student’s Book, Track 6.8)
A. Before you listen, say when you visit another city, what do you enjoy/not enjoy doing?
B. You are going to plan a day trip for your group in London. Look at the 'What's on in London?' leaflets below and find:
What’s on in London
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 18; Нарушение авторских прав