АвтомобилиАстрономияБиологияГеографияДом и садДругие языкиДругоеИнформатикаИсторияКультураЛитератураЛогикаМатематикаМедицинаМеталлургияМеханикаОбразованиеОхрана трудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПсихологияРелигияРиторикаСоциологияСпортСтроительствоТехнологияТуризмФизикаФилософияФинансыХимияЧерчениеЭкологияЭкономикаЭлектроника
Adverbial Modifier of time
ago, yesterday, in March , in1990, last day / night /week /month / summer / year, on Monday/the day before yesterday , the other day, then, formerly, previously
Exercise 1. Put the verbs given below in the Past Indefinite Tense. Explain the reading of ending – ed([d],[t],[id]) in the regular verbs . Make 2 columns : 1 Regular Verbs, 2 Irregular Verbs.
to become, to do well, to give a lecture, to attend a language laboratory, to miss a lecture, to make poor progress, to be behind, to catch up, to graduate from, to get grant, to loaf, to enter the university, to sit for exams, to pass exams, to fail, to resit for an exam, to take marks, to go in for sports, to play sport games, to have a good time, to make up one’s mind, to carry away the audience, to learn with ease, to look forward to, to teach, to last, to listen to with great interest, to arrive, to hunger for knowledge.
Exercise 2. Complete the following:
Exercise 3. Express your agreement with the following statements. Use the phrases: Certainly, it is really so. You are right. I agree with you as in the model:
I made up my mind to enter the University.
My friend passed all the exams successfully.
She became a first-year student.
They took satisfactory marks yesterday.
She was good at Physics last week.
6. We decided to go to the café after classes.
Exercise 4. Object to the sentences. Use the phrases: No , it is not so. I am afraid you are wrong. I can’t agree with you. On the contrary as in the model:
1. He sat at the window in from of the instructor’s table.
2. My friend liked Physics at school.
3. My brother failed at his entrance exams.
4. I entered Lviv State University .
5. We took a preparatory course at the University.
6. His sister studied badly at school.
Exercise 5 . Express your surprise and give short affirmative (negative) answers as in the model:
1. Her nephew got grant last week.
2. Our son went in for sports at the weekend.
3. A student read a paper yesterday.
4. We all looked forward to the studies at the University.
5. They went to the library the day before yesterday.
6. The other day I missed a tutorial.
Дата добавления: 2014-11-13; просмотров: 15; Нарушение авторских прав